Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mad Libs

Default Eagles Mad Libs

I mentioned this idea in another thread and thought I'd start one. It's easy - I will give you some blanks to fill in for a story that I have created. The story will be in the next post.

Spoiler - don't look at the next post until you have written your words down for the blanks in the story.Then simply go to post #2 and fill your words into the blanks. And don't forget to share your finished story!

1. A place
    2. Noun (plural)
    3. Your favorite Eagle
    4. building ( bank, barn, hotel, etc...)
    5. Noun
    6. Adjective (decription of a noun)
    7. Noun (plural)
    8. Restaurant
    9. Food (plural)
    10. Body part
    11. Verb
    12. Noun
    13. Occupation title (plural)
    14. Animal (plural)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: Eagles Mad Libs

Road Trip

One day I decided to take a road trip to _________. It was a beautiful day and the _______ were in bloom. As I was cruising down the road I saw ___________ broken down on the side of the road.
    “Hey, need a ride?, I asked. “I can take you to the nearest _________.”
    He hopped in and off we went. Once we got the small talk out of the way he said, “Mind if I turn on the _______? I get ________ when I’m not driving.”
    “Of course,” I said. “I am the same way. I don’t like to drive without ________. Are you hungry? Let’s stop at this _______ drive through and order some ______.”
    We ate on the road and before we knew it we had reached his destination.
    “Thanks for the lift”, he said and leaned over and kissed me on the _______. “But let me leave you with some words of wisdom – ‘Never ______ your ______ unless you know how many ______ are chasing the ______!’”
    ~ Cathy ~

Here's my example:

One day I decided to take a road trip to Hell’s kitchen. It was a beautiful day and the noses were in bloom. As I was cruising down the road I saw Joe Walsh broken down on the side of the road.
    “Hey, need a ride?, I asked. “I can take you to the nearest Bank.”
    He hopped in and off we went. Once we got the small talk out of the way he said, “Mind if I turn on the elevator? I get crispy when I’m not driving.”
    “Of course,” I said. “I am the same way. I don’t like to drive without cats. Are you hungry? Let’s stop at this Olive Garden drive through and order some chocolate chip cookies.”
    “Thanks for the lift”, he said and leaned over and kissed me on the elbow. “But let me leave you with some words of wisdom – ‘Never crank your mailbox unless you know how many engineers are chasing the cows!’”
    ~ Cathy ~

This is so clever, PM!

I remember when I had more time, I coded a version of this for Fleetwood Mac song lyrics: http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/fun/madlib.html. The only problem was that it took so long to code that I only put up one song at a time!

Here's my story:

One day I decided to take a road trip to Indiana. It was a beautiful day and the sweaters were in bloom. As I was cruising down the road I saw Glenn broken down on the side of the road.
    “Hey, need a ride?, I asked. “I can take you to the nearest university.”
    He hopped in and off we went. Once we got the small talk out of the way he said, “Mind if I turn on the poster? I get sore when I’m not driving.”
    “Of course,” I said. “I am the same way. I don’t like to drive without books. Are you hungry? Let’s stop at this TGIFriday's drive through and order some sandwiches.”
    “Thanks for the lift”, he said and leaned over and kissed me on the abdomen. “But let me leave you with some words of wisdom – ‘Never sneeze your purse unless you know how many professors are chasing the woolly mammoths!’”

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!
    ~ Cathy ~

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Ok, there's something really not right with my brain... here

Road Trip

One day I decided to take a road trip to My Living Room. It was a beautiful day and the Toothpicks were in bloom. As I was cruising down the road I saw Joe broken down on the side of the road.
    “Hey, need a ride?, I asked. “I can take you to the nearest Outhouse.”
    He hopped in and off we went. Once we got the small talk out of the way he said, “Mind if I turn on the Hot Water Bottle? I get Spiffy when I’m not driving.”
    “Of course,” I said. “I am the same way. I don’t like to drive without Nuts. Are you hungry? Let’s stop at this Senior Muchacho's house of Tortilla's drive through and order some Bagles.”
    “Thanks for the lift”, he said and leaned over and kissed me on the Funny Bone. “But let me leave you with some words of wisdom – ‘Never Bounce your Bottle Cap unless you know how many Occupationa Maintainence and Sanitary Engineers are chasing the Guinea Pigs!’”

see?? Im just not right...*G*

I didn't know you could get bagels at Senior Muchacho's house of Tortilla's !
    ~ Cathy ~

lol! What a hoot these are to read!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

My imagination isn't as good as some of yours apparently (woolly mammoth just cracked me up!!!)

Road Trip

One day I decided to take a road trip to New Orleans. It was a beautiful day and the dogs were in bloom. As I was cruising down the road I saw Timothy B. broken down on the side of the road.
    “Hey, need a ride?, I asked. “I can take you to the nearest shed.”
    He hopped in and off we went. Once we got the small talk out of the way he said, “Mind if I turn on the fireplace? I get hot when I’m not driving.”
    “Of course,” I said. “I am the same way. I don’t like to drive without highchair. Are you hungry? Let’s stop at this Hacienda drive through and order some tacos.”
    “Thanks for the lift”, he said and leaned over and kissed me on the arm. “But let me leave you with some words of wisdom – ‘Never walk your clipboard unless you know how many priests are chasing the giraffes!’”

Some of that kinda made sense. And Timothy can get hot when he's not driving anytime he wants in my car!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Umm.. Willie?? what are you going to do to poor Timmy in the shed?