Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mad Libs

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mad Libs

Thanks FP--They are beautiful! Glad I asked.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Road Trip

One day I decided to take a road trip to L.A. It was a beautiful day and the boys were in bloom. As I was cruising down the road I saw Glenn Frey broken down on the side of the road.
    “Hey, need a ride?, I asked. “I can take you to the nearest Hotel California.”
    He hopped in and off we went. Once we got the small talk out of the way he said, “Mind if I turn on the song? I get HS&G when I’m not driving.”
    “Of course,” I said. “I am the same way. I don’t like to drive without groupies. Are you hungry? Let’s stop at this Dan Tana’s drive through and order some lobsters.”
    We ate on the road and before we knew it we had reached his destination.
    “Thanks for the lift”, he said and leaned over and kissed me on the lips. “But let me leave you with some words of wisdom – ‘Never run your radio unless you know how many nurses are chasing the Eagles!’”

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I get HS&G when I’m not driving.”
    “Of course,” I said. “I am the same way."
    Very modest, Dreamer! I love the fact that HS&G is now an established adjective.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Here's another one for you guys. Remember, don't read the story in the next post until you have written down your words to fill in the blanks.

1. Noun - plural
    2. Noun - plural
    3. Noun
    4. Noun
    5. Verb-past tense
    6. Verb
    7. Your Favorite Eagle
    8. Beverage
    9. Your Favorite Eagle (same as before)
    10. Adjective
    11 Adjective
    12. Verb
    13. Verb
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

My company had sent me on a business trip and the hotel they put me up in was beautiful. It had ______ and ______, and the lobby had a sparkling ______ hanging from the ceiling. They had turn down service, and a ______ had been left on my pillow.
    Now it was morning and I had some time before my meeting, so I ______ out to the hall to get the complimentary newspaper. There wasn’t one at my door, but there was one by the door across the hall, and there was a sign hanging from the door that read ‘Do Not ______’. Thinking they’d never miss it, I reached down to pick up the paper and just as I grabbed it the door opened and there stood _______!
    “Caught you”, he laughed and introduced himself. “You can have it as soon as I read last night’s review of our show. In fact, come on in and we can have some ______ and read it together.”
    Stunned, I followed him into the room and he poured two cups and proceeded to read the review out loud.
    “Listen to this”, he said, “ ‘______ was very ______, while the other three were ______’. Can you believe that?”
    We laughed as he read the rest of the review, and noting the time I said goodbye, as I had a meeting to go to.
    He laughed and said “This is The Hotel California! You can ______ anytime you like, but you can never ______!”
    ~ Cathy ~

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

First let me say YAY!!! WOO CATHY!! WOOHOO!! (I was happy to see a new Mad Lib!) and second I DID NOT CHEAT and read the story first, it's just the sad, pathetic and twisted way my brain works..

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

My company had sent me on a business trip and the hotel they put me up in was beautiful. It had greenbeans and Pickled Herring, and the lobby had a sparkling Molar hanging from the ceiling. They had turn down service, and a Light Bulb had been left on my pillow.
    Now it was morning and I had some time before my meeting, so I sneezed out to the hall to get the complimentary newspaper. There wasn’t one at my door, but there was one by the door across the hall, and there was a sign hanging from the door that read ‘Do Not pick’. Thinking they’d never miss it, I reached down to pick up the paper and just as I grabbed it the door opened and there stood JOE!
    “Caught you”, he laughed and introduced himself. “You can have it as soon as I read last night’s review of our show. In fact, come on in and we can have some Ensure and read it together.”
    Stunned, I followed him into the room and he poured two cups and proceeded to read the review out loud.
    “Listen to this”, he said, “ ‘JOE was very Freckled, while the other three were Bulging'. Can you believe that?”
    We laughed as he read the rest of the review, and noting the time I said goodbye, as I had a meeting to go to.
    He laughed and said “This is The Hotel California! You can Vibrate anytime you like, but you can never Thrust!”

HOTEL CALIFORNIA
    My company had sent me on a business trip and the hotel they put me up in was beautiful. It had queens and necklaces, and the lobby had a sparkling moon hanging from the ceiling. They had turn down service, and a shawl had been left on my pillow.
    Now it was morning and I had some time before my meeting, so I twirled out to the hall to get the complimentary newspaper. There wasn’t one at my door, but there was one by the door across the hall, and there was a sign hanging from the door that read ‘Do Not Dance’. Thinking they’d never miss it, I reached down to pick up the paper and just as I grabbed it the door opened and there stood Glenn Frey!
    “Caught you”, he laughed and introduced himself. “You can have it as soon as I read last night’s review of our show. In fact, come on in and we can have some Coke Zero and read it together.”
    “Listen to this”, he said, “ ‘Glenn was very soft, while the other three were sexy’. Can you believe that?”
    He laughed and said “This is The Hotel California! You can throw anytime you like, but you can never win!”

LOL!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

My company had sent me on a business trip and the hotel they put me up in was beautiful. It had jackets and airplanes, and the lobby had a sparkling chair hanging from the ceiling. They had turn down service, and a fence had been left on my pillow.
    Now it was morning and I had some time before my meeting, so I strummed out to the hall to get the complimentary newspaper. There wasn’t one at my door, but there was one by the door across the hall, and there was a sign hanging from the door that read ‘Do Not shoot’. Thinking they’d never miss it, I reached down to pick up the paper and just as I grabbed it the door opened and there stood Timothy!
    “Caught you”, he laughed and introduced himself. “You can have it as soon as I read last night’s review of our show. In fact, come on in and we can have some Tahitian Treat and read it together.”
    “Listen to this”, he said, “ ‘Timothy was very long, while the other three were limber’. Can you believe that?”
    He laughed and said “This is The Hotel California! You can trip anytime you like, but you can never burn!”

Meeting Timothy at a hotel! I wish! I would steal his newspaper every morning...

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

My company had sent me on a business trip and the hotel they put me up in was beautiful. It had Trees and Windows, and the lobby had a sparkling Jeans hanging from the ceiling. They had turn down service, and a Photo had been left on my pillow.
    Now it was morning and I had some time before my meeting, so I paint out to the hall to get the complimentary newspaper. There wasn’t one at my door, but there was one by the door across the hall, and there was a sign hanging from the door that read ‘Do Not sleep’. Thinking they’d never miss it, I reached down to pick up the paper and just as I grabbed it the door opened and there stood Glenn Frey!
    “Caught you”, he laughed and introduced himself. “You can have it as soon as I read last night’s review of our show. In fact, come on in and we can have some Tea and read it together.”
    “Listen to this”, he said, “ ‘Glenn Frey was very hot, while the other three were blue’. Can you believe that?”
    He laughed and said “This is The Hotel California! You can run anytime you like, but you can never lose!”
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

You guys, these are hilarious! Ticky, it's nice to know that both you and Joe are on Ensure! And Soda, I think you morphed yourself into Stevie in that story! MR, the next time I go to a hotel I'm going to be sure to hang my 'Do Not Shoot' sign on my door! I think that would be much better than Koala's 'Do Not Sleep' sign! Lol!

Anyone, please feel free to write one of these mad lib stories - it's fun and easy!

So that I can play along I have randomly opened the dictionary to get my words. Here's mine:

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

My company had sent me on a business trip and the hotel they put me up in was beautiful. It had magazines and elbows, and the lobby had a sparkling herb hanging from the ceiling. They had turn down service, and a cramp had been left on my pillow.
    Now it was morning and I had some time before my meeting, so I fished out to the hall to get the complimentary newspaper. There wasn’t one at my door, but there was one by the door across the hall, and there was a sign hanging from the door that read ‘Do Not Honk’. Thinking they’d never miss it, I reached down to pick up the paper and just as I grabbed it the door opened and there stood Joe Walsh!
    “Caught you”, he laughed and introduced himself. “You can have it as soon as I read last night’s review of our show. In fact, come on in and we can have some 7-Up and read it together.”
    “Listen to this”, he said, “ ‘Joe was very thin, while the other three were sinful’. Can you believe that?”
    He laughed and said “This is The Hotel California! You can bicker anytime you like, but you can never demolish!”

lol - sounds like Joe has learned his lesson in hotels!
    ~ Cathy ~