Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonnie Raitt

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Bonnie Raitt

Deb,
    Whats a great experience! I am so jealous!! *G* But really, from what I hear, Bonnie is an extremely emotional performer. I used to do some foot work for a concert promoter back in the late '70s (I was just a kid) and he used to tell stories about Bonnie and her tours in Portland when she'd do really small clubs down town (I never got to go cuz I was like 13 and they wouldn't let me in.. bummed!!) I would LOVE to see her live. BTW, Angel From Montgomery is one of my all time favorites.

see? I got so excited I had to put Bonnie on the Stereo *G* Thanks for the great review

The show I went to Friday night was terrific! It was Bonnie's 64th birthday, so she was in an especially festive mood.

Marc Cohn opened. His biggest hit is "Walking in Memphis" and you can imagine the reception that got here in the title city! He told a cool story about visiting Memphis before he wrote it and how much it meant to him. We gave him a standing ovation. He signed CDs afterwards, and I got one!

Bonnie came out about 9:00 looking terrific and ready to roll! Bonnie is known for varying her setlist. You can find the Memphis one posted here. She played every song I wanted to here except "Love Sneaking Up on You."

My favorite by far was "Angel from Montgomery." She sang it with tremendous feeling and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since. Magnificent.

I also enjoyed "Something to Talk About," "Thing Called Love," and "I Can't Make You Love Me." She performed several songs off of her most recent album, Slipstream, and that went over well, too. However, she said she might take a couple years off to make a new album in a few months. Good news for Bonnie fans!

During the encore, some road crew members brought out a cake in the shape of a guitar. They were all dressed like Elvis and Mike Finnegan, who was also in full Elvis regalia, sang "When I'm 64." She was very surprised and delighted, too!

Also during the encore, Keb Mo and blues legend Carla Thomas came out and performed with Bonnie. Everyone was having a great time!

Overall, a fantastic night!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Glad to hear that it was a fantastic night Soda! I would love to see Bonnie Raitt! She is a true talent!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Thanks nancy
    Sounds devine
    Ihave been a bonnie fan since I was 12.
    She is on my bucket list of people to see
    When I was 12 i thought it was so cool that such a beautidul gal could play guitar.she has always been a strong womans roll moseland she makes beautiful music

Thanks for taking the time to post a review, Soda. I've always enjoyed Bonnie Raitt but don't think I own anything by her. That said, I love Angel From Montgomery. It moves me even when I hear it on the radio. I can only imagine how touching it would be to hear it live.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

That's great, Nancy! I'm so glad you had a good time. I love Bonnie and would be thrilled to see her live.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--