Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in Eagles History

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Happy Belated 43rd Birthday to the Eagles best selling album, Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975.
    One of my students tried to claim some modern artist - I can't remember who - Drake? - had the greatest selling album in history. I had to school them.

Happy belated birthday!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Happy 29th Anniversary to Don winning Best Rock Male Vocal Performance at the 32nd Grammy Awards in 1990. He had some tough competition in the other categories.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    One of my students tried to claim some modern artist - I can't remember who - Drake? - had the greatest selling album in history. I had to school them.

Happy belated birthday!
    LOL ! Those silly kids ! Glad you set them straight. What did they say when you told them it was the Eagles ?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    LOL ! Those silly kids ! Glad you set them straight. What did they say when you told them it was the Eagles ?
    He didn't believe me! Can you imagine?? Insisted on Googling it on his phone.

Guess what he discovered?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Haha that's hilarious Soda.

(And might I just add I totally do not get the appeal of Drake!)
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Happy 22nd Birthday of Glenn guest starring on Nash Bridges.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Happy 42nd Birthday to the single Hotel California.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    He didn't believe me! Can you imagine?? Insisted on Googling it on his phone.

Guess what he discovered?
    Good for you, Soda! And I hope he discovered that the Eagles hold two out of the top three spots for best-selling albums of all time ...

1. Their Greatest Hits '71 - '75
    2. Thriller
    3. Hotel California

And shun, thanks for acknowledging the recent milestone dates. A belated congrats to Don, Glenn, and Hotel California.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy 11th Birthday to What Do I Do With My Heart. One of my favorite songs sung by Glenn and favorite from LROOE album.

Also 33 years ago today, Don won his very first solo Grammy for Best Rock Male Vocal Performance for The Boys Of Summer.

Happy Belated 42nd Birthday of New Kid In Town going to no. 1. Yesterday was the anniversary. One of my favorite songs.