Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in Eagles History

Default Re: today in history

I'll move it... but yes, it's absolutely momentous!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

I LOVE today's entry! Coz for me that was really where it all started. Glenn Frey.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I LOVE today's entry! Coz for me that was really where it all started. Glenn Frey.
    Yeah, don't you just love remembering when it all started...aaahhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have just noticed a correction which needs to be made in Today In Eagles History. They played in Sydney today (my time) in 1976. The venue's name is the Hordern Pavilion. I saw Elton John there in 1982. The venue still exists but it isn't used nearly as often as it used to be beceause it's very old. Having said that CSN are playing there in April (no, I am not going).

http://www.playbillvenues.com/events/index

http://thisdayineagleshistory.blogsp...vilion-in.html
    I saw many big names there, Ray Stevens, Anne Murray, Olivia Newton-John, Sherbet (Aussie band) and in those days it was the "in" venue for national and international acts. I'd thought it was defunct until a few months ago when I saw that acts were still being signed up there. In 1976 I vaguely remember the Eagles were coming but had only arrived in Australia the year before and wasn't really up on all the international acts. Crosby, Stills and Nash are gonna be there?? Will they need Timothy this time?? (just joshing )

Am I behind the 8 ball here, I didn't see the date on this post..confusing sometimes, I really need to watch the post dates!! lol

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BramwenR View Post
    Am I behind the 8 ball here, I didn't see the date on this post..confusing sometimes, I really need to watch the post dates!! lol
    If you are referring to my post it was on January 23 this year.

As for the Hordern I saw Elton John & Faith No More there. I never saw Sherbet there because I was living in Newcastle all the times I saw them. When I eventually saw them in Sydney their status had fallen somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If you are referring to my post it was on January 23 this year.

As for the Hordern I saw Elton John & Faith No More there. I never saw Sherbet there because I was living in Newcastle all the times I saw them. When I eventually saw them in Sydney their status had fallen somewhat.
    Okay, I will get used to the dates on here, when things are quoted it's easy to miss.

Well they would have been good shows, I saw Sherbet there in 1977, the live album recording..it was an awesome show!! So you must have seen them some time after that. I admit they did slide after they returned from the States. Why their name was changed to Highway though is beyond me, I wonder what would have happened differently, if anything, had they kept their original name?? Kind of like starting afresh and that didn't seem fair. Daryl Braithwaite still sounds fantastic these days by the way!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BramwenR View Post
    Okay, I will get used to the dates on here, when things are quoted it's easy to miss.

Well they would have been good shows, I saw Sherbet there in 1977, the live album recording..it was an awesome show!! So you must have seen them some time after that. I admit they did slide after they returned from the States. Why their name was changed to Highway though is beyond me, I wonder what would have happened differently, if anything, had they kept their original name?? Kind of like starting afresh and that didn't seem fair. Daryl Braithwaite still sounds fantastic these days by the way!
    I don't want to get too far off topic but I saw them at the New Year's Eve Opera House concert at the end of 1978. That was the first time I saw them in Sydney & after that it was at places like the old Tivoli nightclub in George St. All the times I saw them before that were at the Civic Theatre in Newcastle although I once saw them at the Belmont 16 Foot Sailing Club; this was definitely once their 'appeal had become more selective'.

just noticed that Farewell I was released on this date...and I happen to be watching it right now!!!!Love it...

Good excuse to watch it tonight. Lately I have been wanting to watch it again & just haven't gotten around to doing that. Not that I haven't seen it countless times already! LOL!