Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in Eagles History

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

I missed the last few Soda but again, Brilliant!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Clever one for today, Tax Day! Double Yikes!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I can only imagine the size of the check they each have to write the IRS. They are in the "Rich Folks the Government Can Justify Taxing Very Heavily Because Average American Voters Resent Their Massive Wealth and Therefore Won't Think It's Unfair" tax bracket. I bet one year's taxes for them is more money than I'll ever see in my lifetime!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Soda--your comment just cracked me up. Good way of explaining it! I am one of those that believes everyone should be taxed the same % (ex: say 17% of your income, whether you make $40,000.00 a year or $2,575,095.00 a year). But I also believe there are a lot of professions that are EXTREMELY over paid, athletes, entertainers etc.... but Lord knows I have contributed to their wealth on many occasions! It says a lot for our society when someone can make millions playing a game but a doctor who saves lives on a daily basis makes a small percent of what that athlete does. JMHO!!! Don't mean to offend anyone!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I can only imagine the size of the check they each have to write the IRS. They are in the "Rich Folks the Government Can Justify Taxing Very Heavily Because Average American Voters Resent Their Massive Wealth and Therefore Won't Think It's Unfair" tax bracket. I bet one year's taxes for them is more money than I'll ever see in my lifetime!

To be perfectly honest, I think the money most entertainers/pro athletes make is ridiculous... so nope, I don't mind that they are taxed more at all. Sorry, this is always a sore spot w/me. Most of those people love what they do and make millions... the rest of us work our butt's off just to survive week to week. Heck, I'd be happy if made the amout they all owe to the government! =)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Soda--your comment just cracked me up. Good way of explaining it! I am one of those that believes everyone should be taxed the same % (ex: say 17% of your income, whether you make $40,000.00 a year or $2,575,095.00 a year). But I also believe there are a lot of professions that are EXTREMELY over paid, athletes, entertainers etc.... but Lord knows I have contributed to their wealth on many occasions! It says a lot for our society when someone can make millions playing a game but a doctor who saves lives on a daily basis makes a small percent of what that athlete does. JMHO!!! Don't mean to offend anyone!
    OFF TOPIC...I think the difference, at least for me, is that for a lot of it, it is WE the fans who pay these entertainers...it's because WE want the music, the concerts, the whatevers, right? - so their being rich or mega rich doesn't really bother me...whereas in other areas, sports - for instance - its the franchises that decide...now, I will on the subject...lol...

ON TOPIC: Soda, where on earth do you find all this information? Great work - thanks for keeping us entertained with your wealth of knowledge!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

OMG---I just checked the history and boy is it all coming back to me with this one. This is THE concert at the Joyce ACC at Notre Dame that I HAD a ticket for when I was 11 (2 months away from being 12) that my Mom & Dad wouldn't let me go to because I was to young!!!!! Most of you here have heard that story before (SORRY about that!!) but for you others this is a very touchy subject for me. I can laugh now but in 1974 it was anything but funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I laugh about even more is the fact that 6 months later I was allowed to go to an Aerosmith and AC/DC concert! Like I said before, my parents were obviously CLUELESS!!! I remember the phone call to my cousin telling her I couldn't go. I was ready to run away from home!

Nancy- I bet you knew I'd be all over this one didn't you!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Ah, you poor thing! Well, the history has shifted to another concert that took place today, so I hope that eases the pain a bit.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    What I laugh about even more is the fact that 6 months later I was allowed to go to an Aerosmith and AC/DC concert! Like I said before, my parents were obviously CLUELESS!!!
    Aerosmith and AC/DC and NOT the Eagles? Tooooooo funny!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

And here's where it all began ...

Just wanted to acknowledge that today is truly a momentous day in Eagles' history - May 1, 1972 was the day that Take It Easy was released as the bands' first single.

Wow - hard to believe that song is 37 years old and I still love it as much now as I did in the summer of '72.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016