Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in Eagles History

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

Yes, Soda, thank you Linda Ronstadt!!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    What a red-letter day for the Eagles! Their first time ever to play together back in 1971! Thank you, Linda Rondstadt!
    Amen to that !

Happy Belated 39th Birthday to the Long Run album (yesterday).

Happy 3rd Birthday to Cass County.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Shun mentioned this feature in another thread, so I thought I'd post an update here. Unfortunately, during our recent board transition, we lost the 'Today in Eagles History' feed that used to be at the bottom of the board in the "What's Going On?" section. I think I remember Soda saying that the functionality was gone for good, but she can correct me if I'm wrong. However, all is not totally lost - you can still view most of the events in the calendar. If you click on 'Calendar' on the top left menu, it will take you to the default board calendar. However, once you launch the calendar, if you click on 'Calendar Picker' over on the top far right, you can choose the "This Day in Eagles History" calendar. So, it's not quite as convenient as before, but, at least, the info is still there for those who are interested.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks, Dreamer. I didn't know that's where it is now. Thanks again.

I have a question. Has the Today in Eagles History always been a day off? Example the calendar has Timothy's birthday on October 29th than October 30th.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thanks so much for the info Dreamer, I have missed the "Today in Eagles History" feed.

Okay - this is weird. I checked mine and the dates are correct. However, I looked at the profiles for you and Soda and both of your calendar's are off by a day. The only difference is that both of your times are set on Central Time whereas mine is on Eastern Time. I played around on Soda's profile and set her time to Eastern and it corrected the dates. Then I set it back to Central Time, they are off by a day once again. I don't know why this isn't working correctly, and Soda may have a better answer than I do. But, for now, the only way I know to correct it is to set the time on your profile to Eastern Time. Very strange!

Oh ok. That makes since now. The board is set on Eastern Time. So when the board goes to the next day, its midnight when it does it, but still on the day before making it look like its a day off for us on Central Time and probably the other time zone.

I actually didn't know the "today in Eagles history" was on the right date. I thought it was just me seeing the "today in Eagles history" off a day.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-25-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Well - I did some more investigating and I think I figured out the problem and why certain time zones are affected. Trouble is I'm pretty sure it is a vBulletin issue and I don't know if it can be fixed. I'll talk to Soda and see if we can check into it.

Thanks, Dreamer. The days has always been off since i became a member of the board. I just never brought it up until after I thought the "today in Eagles history" was gone. I had thought it was just the board, but it looks like it effected someone who's on a different time zones.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-25-2018 at 09:59 PM.