Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in Eagles History

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

I didn't go to concerts back then. Imagine that! Lol! 25 years. Wow. I was a freshman in college. Time flies.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Us, too! We checked out the tour dates (Cincinnati: check!)... then we found out ticket prices. Although a bargain compared to today's concert prices, we didn't have the money. Jeez, wish we could have gone!

I remember when HFO debuted on MTV and VH-1 (I think, might be wrong), we were so excited! The Eagles were getting back together! Life was good.
    We were ecstatic! But didn't make it to a show until 2002, too poor!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Happy 47th Birthday to the guys very first single and the song that also got them back together, Take It Easy.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, can NOT believe it's been 47 years since I listened to Take It Easy on the radio! And somehow it became my all time favorite song and band that lasted for all those years!

How time flies!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Happy 47th Birthday to the guys very first single and the song that also got them back together, Take It Easy.
    Oh, my... I... wow.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Wow, can NOT believe it's been 47 years since I listened to Take It Easy on the radio! And somehow it became my all time favorite song and band that lasted for all those years!

How time flies!
    Dawn - I agree ! I Can't believe it has been 47 years either. They just played TIE on the radio today. I love the song and can't help singing along when I hear it.

Happy 42nd Birthday to Life In The Fast Lane.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Happy 41st Birthday to the Eagles beating the crap out of RS in a softball, 15-8.

Happy 42nd Birthday of the single Hotel California going no. 1. It only went to no. 1 for one week. Knocking Glenn Campbell's Southern Nights from no. 1 and Leo Sayer's When I Need You knocking them from no. 1 the following week.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Amazing - as the old saying goes, 'There's no accounting for taste'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016