Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Third Brother

Default The Third Brother

As I've told some of you, I got an e-mail from a guy who was a neighbor of Glenn's on Wyandotte Street in Royal Oak, and who was friends with his brother Matt. Before I got this e-mail, I'd never heard the name Matt Frey before, although I'd learned from another of Glenn's old friends that Glenn had a third brother whom he put through college. Turns out Matt Frey is 13 years younger than Glenn. Dang!

I was wondering - does anyone know if Glenn has ever spoken of Matt, or even of having a third brother at all? I know he mentions his other brother Alan by name in the Soul Searchin' liner notes, and has many times told the story of Alan hitting him in the face with a baseball bat when he was 13 or 14.

ETA: Found this on the topic posted on a Q&A site by an unknown poster:
    "Matt used to hang out at a karaoke bar called the Corbin Bowl in Tarzana, CA. I wouldn't be surprised if he were still hanging out there today."

~

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default Re: The Third Brother

A brother 13 years younger than Glenn? I would love to see a photo of the guy. Probably he does look like Glenn during the HFO era!

Stuck on the Border

I've never heard any mention of Matt by Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

I had never heard of him mentioned by name, but I can remember mention of two brothers on Eagleland last year. Actually, I think it was mews who mentioned two siblings.

I can't find the thread right now, but that sounds right. And mews would know!

~

Stuck on the Border

I remember hearing about the brother he was putting through college (isn't that mentioned in one of the Rolling Stone interviews?), but I guess I had always assumed he was talking about Alan.

I don't remember that from the RS interview, but honestly I have such a bad memory for details. It could very well have been in there.

~

That's interesting about his younger brother. I've just skimmed through a couple of articles but can't find the reference to putting him through college. I'll keep at it, though.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Out on the Border

I went to school with Matt in Royal Oak yes he is 13 years younger than Glen!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    I remember hearing about the brother he was putting through college (isn't that mentioned in one of the Rolling Stone interviews?), but I guess I had always assumed he was talking about Alan.
    I just came to the board to post it elsewhere, it came up in a Google alert, and yes, he talks about put his brother through college.

http://www.theuncool.com/2013/05/13/...ling-stone-75/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.