Hi again. It's Pete from Royal Oak. Here's an amusing story. In the mid to late 70s, Matt apparently had some one on one time with Joe Walsh. He asked Joe how to build one of those voice boxes...like he used on Rocky Mountain Way. Apparently Joe built his first one on his own, and knew exactly what was needed to make one. Matt came to us all excited...said that Joe told him "The first thing you need to do is "steal a car horn" and break out the reeds inside, so it doesn't make any sound, just blows air. Then, you need to get a big cigar box and smoke all the stogies in it. Take the car horn and attach it to the side of the box so the air blows into the box. Attach a tweeter to the other side so it pumps your guitar sound into the box. Run an aquarium tube out of the top of the box and into your mouth. You can kink the tube with a lighter".

We found out that it wasn't as simple as that, though. The box hummed loudly from the whirring motor in the car horn and drowned out the guitar sound badly. Matt worked on that box for a long time but I don't remember it ever working. By this time, Glenn had purchased a home for Nel and Ed on Bald Mountain. The Hi Hill Villa neighborhood was just east off Lapeer Rd and north of Silverbell Rd in Lake Orion. Scott and I helped Matt steal colored spot lights from the businesses up and down Lapeer Rd around Christmas time. Instead of white lights, they shined red and green lights on their buildings at night. These were perfect for our impressive light rack.

Glenn continued to bolster Big M and bought him MotoCross Motorcycles (2 Suzuki 175s, I think) and the full MotoCross outfit complete with bee helmet. With all the zippers on the jacket and buckles up and down the boots, Matt actually looked like a bad ass. I never went riding with him, but my brother did. But that's another story...for another time.