Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Third Brother

Default Re: The Third Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    It must be difficult ..I'm sure people compare him to Glenn..
    Yes, it must! I wonder if this is his profession or just a sideline. The site says "come & hear Glenn Frey's brother". Hard to say whether he approved that.

Found this picture of Matt on contactmusic.com and there is no denying he is Glenn's brother. This was taken at the Lucille Lortel Awards in NYC in May of 2011. I'd be curious to know more about the Matt Frey in Harmony River Band because they are definitely NOT the same person.

Matt Frey 1.jpg

Also, according to a July 2002 post on AllExperts: "Glenn has a half brother. His name is Alan. He's 49 I believe. He often caddies for Glenn during his golf games at Pebble Beach, and the Bob Hope Classic. Alan can be blamed or congradulated (depending on what you think) for giving Glenn his nose. When Glenn was 14, Alan hit Glenn in the face with a baseball bat while Glenn was catching. (I personally like the nose)." I'm not saying the information is accurate ... just that it's there.
    Last edited by Victim of Love; 05-28-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

...verrrry confusing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Found this picture of Matt on contactmusic.com and there is no denying he is Glenn's brother. This was taken at the Lucille Lortel Awards in NYC in May of 2011. I'd be curious to know more about the Matt Frey in Harmony River Band because they are definitely NOT the same person.

Matt Frey 1.jpg

Also, according to a July 2002 post on AllExperts: "Glenn has a half brother. His name is Alan. He's 49 I believe. He often caddies for Glenn during his golf games at Pebble Beach, and the Bob Hope Classic. Alan can be blamed or congradulated (depending on what you think) for giving Glenn his nose. When Glenn was 14, Alan hit Glenn in the face with a baseball bat while Glenn was catching. (I personally like the nose)." I'm not saying the information is accurate ... just that it's there.
    Very interesting, thanks! I wonder (as a theater geek) what he was doing at the Lortel awards. Inquiring minds...

Did a cursory search on this lastnight and wasn't able to locate any further info but I'm sure it's out there somewhere. As stated earlier in this thread, we know that Don was an 'only' but I'd be curious to know more about Timothy's sibs and whether Joe had any 'steps'.

More inquiring minds....
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I was looking at The Harmony River Band's Facebook Pages (there are 2) & in one picture Matt Frey is wearing a "Detroit" baseball shirt. Their favourites under music include Glenn Frey & the Eagles. One of their friends is Nellie Frey. She is Glenn's mother, so it looks to me that this Matt Frey is his brother.

Are both of Glenn's younger brothers from his mom's second marriage, or only the youngest? I'm a bit fuzzy on when she remarried--I thought it was when he was fairly young, but that Marc Eliott book implied she remarried shortly before he moved to Los Angeles, which always sounded wrong to me...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    Are both of Glenn's younger brothers from his mom's second marriage, or only the youngest? I'm a bit fuzzy on when she remarried--I thought it was when he was fairly young, but that Marc Eliott book implied she remarried shortly before he moved to Los Angeles, which always sounded wrong to me...
    As far as I know she remarried when Glenn was very young & the other two brothers are from the second marriage.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Nellie Frey is indeed a friend of the Harmony River Band...so funny how much she looks like Glenn! I mean just because she is an older woman (versus a man)...the features are all there though.
    I hadn't seen what she looked like before.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    Nellie Frey is indeed a friend of the Harmony River Band...so funny how much she looks like Glenn! I mean just because she is an older woman (versus a man)...the features are all there though.
    I hadn't seen what she looked like before.
    I thought so too!