Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego

Default San Diego

I know you have all seen this dvd before, but with an empty house last week, I finally got around to watching it, and am just posting a few random thoughts. First of all, what an awesome performance. Here he is, singing solo on all those songs, playing lead guitar, and still finding the energy to chat, tell jokes and generally charm the socks off the audience. So many moments, so many times I had to stop and replay something. I love it when he cracks up at the beginning, thinking he is in LA! I love it when he demonstrates his command of French: "Un petit joint?" (at least I think he says that). I even find bad boy Glenn having a surreptitious smoke somewhat endearing, I'm ashamed to say. I love his cute accent when he is reminiscing about talking to Jack Tempchin on the telephone, and I find this quote both moving and inspiring:

"We have to extract joy out of living every single day."

I'd just be interested to hear your thoughts.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default Re: San Diego

That sounds great! I've have never seen this DVD. Is there any chance to get it?

eaglesfans

Well, seeing as how the original of this came from us, I'd be happy to send it to you. It really is a must-see for all Glenn fans.

GASP!! You guys taped a show???????

~~~~

You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends,
    After the thrill is gone.

Wow, great news.

eaglesfans2

No, of course we didn't tape it...we don't do that. But everyone's copy started with our copy. I had never seen this show anywhere until a friend of ours who is a big Glenn fan tracked it down and was kind enough to share it with us.

Stuck on the Border

It's a great show. I need to watch it again (and Kate, I will post a couple of screen shots from it for you). He's funny, he's chatty, he's his usual self. He's 'a bit hoarse' but his voice is still awesome.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I love the San Diego bootleg. There aren't but a few Glenn solo shows on CD or DVD around that I know of. IMO, San Diego is Glenn at his best. It's the most talkative performance of his I've ever seen. His charisma, sense of humor, and personality really shine here. It cracks me up when he lights up the cigarette, and says something about his fitness endorsement has expired. I think I may have to watch it again soon.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

OMG, I'm cracking up reading about your enthusiasm for that DVD. Yes yes yes, I would love to get it.

Yes, I think I'll have to make more time to watch it again soon. I liked the fitness bit as well, Kay! He says his voice is hoarse, but it's not noticeable to me. I'm going straight over to Frey Fever to look at your shots, Julie.

I hadn't really hoisted in that all the bootlegs came from you to start with, Lisa. Thanks for making them available. EF, you must take up Lisa's offer asap!

~~~

This way to happiness...