Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Eagles open their US Tour in Atlanta!

I hope all the mothers out there are having a wonderful Mother's Day. My daughters gave me several sweet presents, including a book of the 40 Best Rolling Stone Interviews and the CD Soundtrack of Across the Universe, but my best present of all will happen in

3 DAYS!

I am also praying they don't drop anything from the set list. I can't wait to hear NMWITW & WITW live.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Do any of the Eagles feature in the RS interviews DF?

I'm glad you are having a great mother's day. Hope the steaks were to your liking.

I hope too that you get to hear NMWITW and WITW. They were great in London!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    3 DAYS!

I am also praying they don't drop anything from the set list. I can't wait to hear NMWITW & WITW live.
    DF, in case I don't get a chance to post in the next few days, I hope you have a wonderful time!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Thanks, everyone!
    Katherine, I know you are also going to see them in Atlanta, so I hope you have a terrific time too.

And GA, no Eagles interviews in the RS book, unfortunately. But it includes John Lennon, Joni Mitchell, Brian Wilson, Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, and many others, and the interview with David Geffen, done in 1993, does mention Glenn & Don. Geffen said, "Don Henley and Glenn Frey had been signed by a company called Amos Records. I bought their recording contract and their music publishing rights, which were owned by Amos, for $5,000. And I gave then back half their publishing. People just didn't recognize these people's talents." He also said he & Joni Mitchell lived together for awhile and that Joni wrote "Free Man in Paris" about him.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I hope all the mothers out there are having a wonderful Mother's Day. My daughters gave me several sweet presents, including a book of the 40 Best Rolling Stone Interviews and the CD Soundtrack of Across the Universe, but my best present of all will happen in

3 DAYS!

Ooh, DF, I'm so excited for you! You're going to have a fabulous time!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

2 DAYS!

Just checked the weather and there's a chance of thunderstorms for both Wednesday and Saturday night in Atlanta. I have covered, close ILAA seats for Wednesday night, but Saturday night I have lawn seats, and since this is an outdoor venue--I reeeeeally hope it doesn't rain!

as long as it does not storm like it did Saturday night ......and the winds yesterday were terrible......I think it well be a great night!!

Oh, Df, I do hope the weather stays off for you. Take some waterproofs and you'll be fine! (Why am I reminded of a concert in New Zealand?!)

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I just got my final info about Joe's M&G for Wednesday night. It says no cameras and no autographs!
    What do you guys think I should I do? I already had my album cover of Hotel California ready to take with me, and I will have my camera with me too, of course. I know I have seen individual pics of Joe with people from other M&Gs.

Stuck on the Border

DF, I would take them. You'll regret it if you don't. Take the chance.