Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eagles open their US Tour in Atlanta!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very cool news, DF! Of course, you MUST do it! Don did do them the last time he toured solo.

And I agree, why don't they ALL do this? Lots of groups do this kind of thing. Actually, they should do this with the VIP ticketholders. But since people are buying them with out any kind of m & g, why should they start now?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

"Why the M&G on May 14th??? Why not the May 20th show??" This is what I was yelling at my computer today when I saw the info about it. I would definately pay the $$ to join the fan club just to get to meet Joe!! I'd even pay for my hubby to meet him too.

I would even drive to Atlanta on the 15th for the M&G and then back on the 20th for the concert. I'm only about 60 miles away.

OK gang, this might be a stupid question, but....I wonder if you could go to a M&G without having tickets for that nights show?? Does anyone know??

I joined! I am really looking forward to meeting Joe!

I know Don did M&Gs the last time he toured solo, but I don't think he has ever done them on an Eagles tour. That's what I meant. Anyway, I SO hope Don does them again on his next solo tour--I will be first in line!

Samo, according to info on the Joe Walsh Fan Club site, you must have a ticket to that night's show to attend the M&G.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Uh! I've just had a thought.............

Does Glenn HAVE a fan club? Apart from here of course.

And if so, does anybody know about it?

Just a thought..............................
    GA - Glenn does not have a fan club or an official website. In addition, he does not usually do M&Gs either. There have been a few occasions that he did a M&G at a solo show, but it is very rare. My guess is when he does do them it's because of a contractual obligation with the venue where he is appearing.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan

I know Don did M&Gs the last time he toured solo, but I don't think he has ever done them on an Eagles tour. That's what I meant. Anyway, I SO hope Don does them again on his next solo tour--I will be first in line!

Samo, according to info on the Joe Walsh Fan Club site, you must have a ticket to that night's show to attend the M&G.
    That's FANTASTIC, DF! I'm so happy for you! I'd love to meet Joe too - he seems very approachable, down-to-earth and friendly.

Of course, it goes without saying that I would love to meet all the others as well, especially Glenn - sigh. Oh well - a girl can dream. That's all I can do being geographically challenged and all!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Uh! I've just had a thought.............

Does Glenn HAVE a fan club? Apart from here of course.

And if so, does anybody know about it?

Just a thought..............................
    GA - Glenn does not have a fan club or an official website. In addition, he does not usually do M&Gs either. There have been a few occasions that he did a M&G at a solo show, but it is very rare. My guess is when he does do them it's because of a contractual obligation with the venue where he is appearing.
    Thanks Dreamer. I knew he didn't have an 'official' website but just thought there might have been a club! I must TRY to get to one of those venues where he has 'Contractual obligations'

Soda, can I also say God help anyone trying to set up an official site for Glenn . This site would be one tough act to follow!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan

Awesome, DF! I can't wait to hear about this. Makes me wish I was going after all, although I abandoned the idea of Atlanta for the Hard Rock Park.

Samo - that does suck for you. I'm so sorry!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

SodaScouts--yep it does suck big time; but.....I am trying to talk my husband into going the 14th also......there are tickets still available......

I've got my fingers crossed!

Soda, can I also say God help anyone trying to set up an official site for Glenn . This site would be one tough act to follow!
    Thanks! I figure, if Glenn does that album he talked about at Pebble Beach, we'll get one. That's when all the guys set up a site - when they've got a solo album to promote. The exception is Joe, who got himself - and the Eagles! - a site years ago, back in 1995, according to this article. Now THAT is called "ahead of the curve." What foresight!

When Glenn gets an official site, it'll have a professional designer who'll make it pretty cool - but it won't have as much stuff. That's the way it is for official sites as a rule. I'm not too worried. GFO will still be right under it and Wikipedia on Google!

ETA: Best of luck, samo!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That's true, Soda, you'd be a hard act to follow!

Df, that's terrific news about the meet & greet. I hope you do get to meet Joe. He seems a lovely person at these occasions - look at the great reception WM and Toon had when they met him, and he seems happy to sign things as well.

Samo, best of luck working on your husband! You deserve two shows, especially being so close!

Dreamer, maybe you could get your chance at last on this tour.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...