Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eagles open their US Tour in Atlanta!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Ouch! Hmmm - I bet ILAA ain't gonna be pretty.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Even though the prices aren't up yet, ILAA now lists that their tickets go on sale Wed Jan 30 at 2 p.m. The same day as Ticketmaster? This is confusing as hell.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    WOO HOO HOO!!! I'm so happy for you DF! I'm so happy for all of you in the US that you have this opportunity.

DF, regarding the ILAA tickets - you GO girl! Close your eyes and get yourself those! You know you'll never regret it! Just imagine being able to look into Don's eyes , and have him look at you , and have him sing to you...
    Oh, I have no problem with that part, Mrs. F. But since I am going to have to use our charge card to buy my ticket, I am just trying to imagine the look in my hubby's eyes when he says, "You paid HOW MUCH to go see Don Henley!?!"
    Just smile sweetly, say 'I have it saved already' and then bring the subject round to what he'd really like for his dinner .
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I have the same problem DonFan. Dang those credit cards

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    But since I am going to have to use our charge card to buy my ticket, I am just trying to imagine the look in my hubby's eyes when he says, "You paid HOW MUCH to go see Don Henley!?!"
    Just smile sweetly, say 'I have it saved already' and then bring the subject round to what he'd really like for his dinner .
    Great minds think alike. That's exactly my plan, GA.

We can get a card over here designed for those who don't have credit cards. You buy them prepaid up to any amount and then use the credit on them to buy goods or services on the net simply by entering a code. If you have such a system you could buy the tickets without them having to appear on your statements. Or you could pay in part and just have a 'normal' amount on the statement. But in fairness I think most of our SO's have been more than supportive in this venture. Bless them :P
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    She sure does, GA. MF - you are slowly breaking down my will. Well - uhh - okay - maybe it's not that slow.
    Ah, it would seem that class I took (to improve my powers of persuasion) worked! Thanks for the compliment GA and Dreamer! Mission accomplished (well, almost... ).

Dreamer, there is no end to your witticisms - and I absolutely love them!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

WOO HOO HOO!!! I'm so happy for you DF! I'm so happy for all of you in the US that you have this opportunity.

DF, regarding the ILAA tickets - you GO girl! Close your eyes and get yourself those! You know you'll never regret it! Just imagine being able to look into Don's eyes , and have him look at you , and have him sing to you...
    Oh, I have no problem with that part, Mrs. F. But since I am going to have to use our charge card to buy my ticket, I am just trying to imagine the look in my hubby's eyes when he says, "You paid HOW MUCH to go see Don Henley!?!"

Ah yes, the hubby problem. Fortunately that's not something I have to worry about at this stage in my life! I think you'll be fine, though, DF. I've read your subsequent post and you seem to have the problem sorted. You know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter

Hmmm, GA. You seem to have experience with this...

Wouldn't you know MF! The way to a man's heart (and cheque book ) is through his stomach.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP