Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eagles open their US Tour in Atlanta!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    ILAA just posted ticket prices.
    5-Star: $795
    4-Star: $395

I had some pretty lofty plans about getting ILAA tickets a "few times" when the tour finally rolled around. Shows how much I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    It may be worth it for the Brits - and I'm so glad you're able to do it! - but here in America with the economy the way it is....

Looks like it's Ticketmaster for me.
    The economy here is plumetting here too! I'm just lucky that I had some savings and what better to spend it on. Besides its unlikely I'll ever get a chance to see the boys again on European soil so I want to do it in style!
    Yes, it is very expensive. Unfortunately, the economy in South Africa is set to plummet too because of a power crisis we are currently experiencing. It currently costs around 7 South African rands to buy a US Dollar, R10.00 to buy a Euro and a whopping R14.00 to buy a British Pound. It's a lot of money to spend for a three day trip to London for me (and it's going to take from 19:00 on 18 March to 09:00 the following morning to get there), but since I might not get another opportunity, I decided to jump for it. Buying a "standard" ticket is just not worth all the effort for me, despite the substantial dent the ILAA ticket is making in my pocket.

I feel for those of you who desperately want to see the boys again, but who cannot afford the ILAA tickets. I'm fortunate that I'm only responsible for myself at this point in my life, and can afford to splash out every now and then (well, about once every five years, LOL!).

DF, Soda, Dreamer, Brooke and Molly: I hope you'll all be able to make a plan and fulfill your dreams. I know how much it means to all of you.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I feel for those of you who desperately want to see the boys again, but who cannot afford the ILAA tickets. I'm fortunate that I'm only responsible for myself at this point in my life, and can afford to splash out every now and then (well, about once every five years, LOL!).

DF, Soda, Dreamer, Brooke and Molly: I hope you'll all be able to make a plan and fulfill your dreams. I know how much it means to all of you.
    It's OK, MF. I won't die if I don't get ILAA seats. I can still see the Eagles from further back. It's just disappointing, that's all.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

That's very expensive but when I think about the current exchange rate *calculating* the 4-Star would only cost me 269 Euros, that's not that bad.

It's OK, MF. I won't die if I don't get ILAA seats. I can still see the Eagles from further back. It's just disappointing, that's all.
    I hear you, Soda, but still: a devoted fan like yourself does not deserve to be disappointed.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well hopefully at least you will have other opportunities to see at least one of the Eagles Soda . Even if he's more in a golfin' mood than a singin mood. I also don't know how likely it would be for Glenn to play solo over here, while you might get another few solo gigs in the States. I just feel an opportunity like this might never come again.

But I concur with MF! I hope you all manage to go and to meet up and to have a good night regardless of what tickets you have.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

MF and GA - I totally don't blame either of you. If I were in your shoes and I thought this may be my only opportunity to see the guys, I would do exactly the same thing as you. You are right, most of us over here will have other opportunitiies. I think I am going to wait and check out ebay and other ticket brokers on the Internet. That's how we got our Oakland and Sacramento tickets. They were expensive, but not as expensive as the ILAA tickets. If I can find a great seat at a "decent" price, then I'll go to Atlanta. If not, I'll wait until another time.

And OBTW zermie, glad to hear you are going to Atlanta, too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm very disappointed with the price of these ILAA tickets. It's really rather ridiculous. I'm glad for those of you who are springing for them, but when I told hubby how much they were, he nearly went through the roof. And he's an Eagles fan and wanted the best seat he could get, too! But at $795 a pop? Probably not! When you add in the cost of traveling, hotel, souviner, and food, it's kinda scary!

Weren't the ILAA tickets around $400-$450 for 5 star last time? This is nearly double! It kind of takes the fun out of it for me cause I wanted them so badly and have been saving, thinking I was close to enough for 2 tickets!

And, there's really no use complaining. There are too many people willing and able to pay it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Looks like it's Ticketmaster for me.
    Me too

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    And, there's really no use complaining. There are too many people willing and able to pay it!
    Unfortunately, I agree with you here, Brooke. As long as people are willing to pay these prices, the old law of supply and demand will rule. I was thinking that maybe they are "testing" the market with the prices here. The only chance of seeing them drop the price is if they don't sell. That's probably not likely, but you never know. As several of us have already said, I had figured that I would try to spring for one ILAA ticket for this tour, but I honestly don't think they are worth $800, so I'll go another route. The best case scenerio is that maybe there are a significant number of others like us out there that feel the same way, and the sales will actually suffer. That's the only hope of seeing any kind of price "adjustment".

And OBTW - I'm thinking the 5-star ILAA tickets were around $500 for the U.S. F1 tour, but I'm not positive.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016