Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eagles open their US Tour in Atlanta!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the tip, Brooke. DF, I went over to Eagles Online Central to see if you had posted this information. I didn't see it, so I went ahead and posted it since Soda is unavailable. As I was checking the official site, I noticed that there are actually two more shows that have been added - one on May 16 and the other on May 17. Hmmm - these guys sure know how to tempt us.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for posting that, dreamer.

I decided to take a gang of my friends and go back again on Saturday night and see them again--from the lawn seats--all I can afford at this point! I can't resist a two-fer, especially when they are so close to me!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't blame you a bit, DF! Sounds fun!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Well, from the official site, the 5 & 4 star tickets are sold out.
    Oh well, so much for my wishful thinking that the tickets are priced too high and sales may suffer. If I were a betting girl, I'd say that $800 5-star tickets are here to stay.

DF - that is great that you are going to two shows. With the announcement of these dates, my plans may change since these are weekend dates. I'll have to see what kind of "deal" I can find on ticket prices online.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Oh well, so much for my wishful thinking that the tickets are priced too high and sales may suffer. If I were a betting girl, I'd say that $800 5-star tickets are here to stay.
    I agree. It's really shocking to me that people will spend that much money on a concert. Just a few years ago I was completely blown away at having to give $150 a ticket! Yep, no boing back on that price now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I just found that out too! I am thinking about buying regular seats (all I can afford this time) and going again!
    I think you should DF!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

DF, you are so lucky, going to two shows. It's a lot of money what they want for a VIP ticket and they are sure worth it but I wouldn't pay so much for a show no matter what band it is.

Music columnist Bob Lefsetz agrees with us about the outrageous prices for concert tix these days. Here is part of today's column:
    --------------------------------------------

Do you remember the Christmas Club? That's where you opened an account at the bank, and deposited fifty cents, maybe even a dollar or five, each week, so you'd have enough money for Christmas presents at the end of the year. So you wouldn't find yourself peering into store windows BROKE!

Soon we're gonna need Concert Clubs. Savings accounts for concerts. I mean who can afford to go more than once a year? Not many, that's why we've got to put the ducats on sale LIGHT YEARS before the show takes place.

Used to be that concert tickets were not much more expensive than movie tickets. Now, they're a monthly car payment. Instead of live music being a regular habit, it's like going on vacation, a once a year event, that you look forward to that doesn't always deliver. Wouldn't it be better to go to multiple shows, and get immersed in the live experience?

OF COURSE NOT! BECAUSE I NEED MY @#$%ING MONEY!

LiveNation, AEG, the agents and promoters are going to make concertgoing such an exclusive privilege that the only ones able to go are themselves. The regular public is not only being priced out, they're being insulted. And with fewer great acts to see, and the people with the bread wanting to be up close and personal, who is going to go anymore?

It's not only Celine Dion, putting her shows on sale over a YEAR in advance. Springsteen sold next summer's shows before winter had technically started. Now, in today's "New York Times", there's an advertisement for James Taylor's Tanglewood shows IN JULY!

Promoters want to block out all competing events. They want to get your bread before you blow it on dinner or a dress. Before some other crusty act decides to tour this summer, or a new act arrives and steals JT's thunder. We need an edict. That you can't put tickets on sale more than two months out. Certainly not more than three.

Is anybody in it for the long term? Does anybody care about the fan? Is money the only thing that matters? Are we going to take every dollar from the table before everybody else in order to insure that WE'RE rich?

Don't tell me everybody's fine with it. They're not. TicketMaster is as hated as the major labels. As stated above, concertgoing is no longer a casual event, but planned way in advance, like going to college. Amazing that in the name of greed, no one's looking to the future.

--

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Congratulations on the tickets, DF! Good luck to you getting decent tickets too, dreamer, Soda and Brooke.

MF, that airfare is astronomical, but it will worth it!

FP, I'd like to visit Australia some day, so maybe we'll get to share some Eagles enthusiasm one day. It's a pity you can't come over.
    Thanks, GEF - I know it will, especially because I'm going to be sharing the experience with two very dear friends. And a tot!

Dreamer, Soda and Brooke: I also hope you get some good tickets without breaking the bank.

FP, I feel for you girl, but I'm sure you'll get to see the boys and your beloved Glenn sooner than you think. I'll be holding thumbs for you. Your dedication and devotion should certainly be rewarded.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Thanks for posting that, dreamer.

I decided to take a gang of my friends and go back again on Saturday night and see them again--from the lawn seats--all I can afford at this point! I can't resist a two-fer, especially when they are so close to me!
    DF, you GO girl!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down