Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles kick off LROOE tour in London!

I saw this note on Ticketmaster: "These shows will be their only European dates this year"... Now, I wonder if I should be reasonable and wait to see if they come to France or plan to attend to one of these London concerts...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by timfan
    Congrats to all of you who are going to the London Concerts! Have a great time and let the guys know how much we love 'em! :P
    Will you do the same for us at Pebble Beach please TF?
    Thanks so much!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    I saw this note on Ticketmaster: "These shows will be their only European dates this year"... Now, I wonder if I should be reasonable and wait to see if they come to France or plan to attend to one of these London concerts...
    Do you think that's right? Does that mean they will play in the US sooner rather than later <pray>

I really don't know if the Eagles themselves announced this will be their only dates in Europe, but anyway, I'm unsure about other shows... If they had planned to tour the entire Europe, why didn't they announce the dates altogether? I think they might play in the US sooner than expected (but that's only my point of view )
    Anyway, I'm going to try to go to a London concert, I wouldn't want to miss the chance to see them perfoming live!

I don't want to be a pessimist, but my plans to see the Eagles might be thwarted by the one and only South African Home Affairs Department.

I don't have a passport, but applied for one on Saturday. They're telling me that it takes 6 to 8 weeks to issue, with no guarantees. I need to fly on 18 March at the latest, and if it takes 8 weeks, it will arrive around 14 March, which is cutting it extremely fine. I can book my flight with a passport pending, but the cancellation fee is hellishly expensive if Home Affairs doesn't come through for me. I spent my lunch hour gathering information at our local Flight Centre yesterday (and I also had a lot of work to do); therefore I was off the Board. I sacrificed the Eagles for the Eagles, if you understand my meaning.

I'm going to do the best that I can to chase up Home Affairs, so please wish me luck everyone. I'm planning to book my flight and accommodation regardless and take the risk. I cannot leave my arrangements until the last minute. If I get my passport on time and I haven't arranged anything, I will regret it for the rest of my life. Please wish me luck everyone. My nerves are absolutely shot.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Good decision MF, and good luck! As I said yesterday on the email the more you can present the passport people with to show your determinetion to go, the more likely they are to grant your request.

WE NEED YOU THERE!! GLENN WILL MISS YOU IF YOU'RE NOT THERE!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thank you my girl .

Well, I've booked my flight and accommodation, and I've begun harassing Home Affairs. They are confident that I'll have that passport by next month, which is great news, but I don't take anything for granted, so I'll just continue harassing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    We'd love it if you were able to come with us as well Maleah!
    Thanks GEA......just think of me while you all are there ...well....at least ONCE
    Of course we will think of you, Maleah! We'll think of all our friends here on The Border. I've had a very stressful few days trying to organise my trip, but I hope and pray all will turn out well in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    I gotta say...It ain't easy bein' green.

But seriously, I'm happy for those of you who will be able to attend. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, (or not) is to have a blast, of course, and post a very detailed report afterwards. And of course, if it's possible, pictures are always very welcome!
    Highlighted text: LOL, PLS!

Thanks for your good wishes, and if all goes well for me in terms of GETTING to London (see my previous posts), I will certainly have a blast, and try and compile a detailed report for all of you! I'll try and take pictures (if Glenn doesn't cause my hands to shake too much), if it's allowed of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I hope you get there soon too Molly. Love the av. Are they your kids?
    Thank you. Yes, those are my boys. The picture is from 1997, however -which was the last time the Packers won the Superbowl. Tom and Peter are now grown men and our dog (whose name is also Molly ) is more white than brown now.

I've been trying to get the boys to agree to pose for an updated version of the picture, but so far they've been selectively deaf when I bring up the subject. We'll have to get Miss Molly a new cheesehad, since she chewed up a big chunk of the one she's wearing.
    You have lovely children, Molly!