Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles kick off LROOE tour in London!

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy you're going, GEF! You deserve it. Have a blast!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh Kate, that is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

And yes, hubby deserves some kind of special reward!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Kate... as we say down here...

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I'm going!!!

Hubby was in a really good mood last night, and I decided to ask him, and he just said "Of course you can go. How much do you need?"
    OMIGOD!!
    Thats Brilliant Kate! I'm so pleased for you. Isn't it great when the hubbies come up supportive after all! Maybe by letting us go they think they'll purge our systems of 'That Eagles Thing' Not a hope!
    I looked on Ebay and found two tickets in row 6 in front of the stage (right-hand block, although Glenn plays on the left, he looks to the right more ), and that's for the Thursday, so I'm going to get a chance to meet GA and MF.
    Sound like great seats and can't wait to meet up. I'm sure I speak for MF as well! You'll meet Timtot too!

Believe me, I am so chuffed and hubby is certainly going to reap the reward for his change of attitude!!
    Let me see.....favourite dinner....bottle of wine....sumptuous dessert.... and ...... have fun

I'm doubled up reading about your ploys to attract attention. GA, that's too funny about Timtot! As for what to wear, I'm the scuffiest person in the world, and would normally opt for one of my special Glenn t-shirts, but maybe I need to smarten up and wear a low neckline, though I won't be able to compete with you young slim girls!
    Believe me if Glenn saw me today tipping around in a t-shirt and jeans with my hair long overdue a 'do' he wouldn't have looked twice at me! In fact he'd have turned the other way I imagine. Every time I look at something with calories in it (apart from the fireplace) I just keep thinking Glenn Glenn Glenn as many times as it takes for the craving to pass. I'm sad!

Steph and Claire, it's great that you are going as well,and your first Eagles concerts - how exciting!
    I hope you two have a great night as well!

54 days to go !
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    As for our clothes on the night, I can certainly do light colours, but as for a tight white tank top, it would be much too cold in London to wear one! I've got one with a nice black detail on the front, which I would consider if it weren't for the London winter!
    I'm really trying to help you out here, girlfriend! You could wear a jacket over it and then take that off. When things warm up!
    Thanks, Brooke! I've been thinking about that option. I must ask, though (and I know I'm going to sound ignorant here, but if I don't ask, I'll never know ): what is the difference between a "strappy" top and a "tank" top? I thought they were one and the same, but now I'm not so sure.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK

I hear what you're saying about Will not trying but still exuding sex appeal, but mind you, Glenn doesn't have to try either - he would look sexy dressed in a brown paper bag!

Don't get me wrong MF. I didn't mean to suggest that Glenn had to try to look sexy. Of course he doesn't. He's a very attractive man. I just meant that Will seems a bit shy & reserved whereas Glenn is more 'up-front'. They're both gorgeous in their own way.

LOL
    Steph
    Don't worry, Steph, I know what you meant! They are certainly both gorgeous in their own way.

By the way, I don't think you will have any problems whatsoever in deciding what to wear for the concert. Push-up bras in a variety of colours, hey? I'm impressed. Well, as you say, you can't just wear that... I don't think the guys would mind, though...

I'm going!!!

Hubby was in a really good mood last night, and I decided to ask him, and he just said "Of course you can go. How much do you need?"

I looked on Ebay and found two tickets in row 6 in front of the stage (right-hand block, although Glenn plays on the left, he looks to the right more ), and that's for the Thursday, so I'm going to get a chance to meet GA and MF. Believe me, I am so chuffed and hubby is certainly going to reap the reward for his change of attitude!!

I'm doubled up reading about your ploys to attract attention. GA, that's too funny about Timtot! As for what to wear, I'm the scuffiest person in the world, and would normally opt for one of my special Glenn t-shirts, but maybe I need to smarten up and wear a low neckline, though I won't be able to compete with you young slim girls!

Steph and Claire, it's great that you are going as well,and your first Eagles concerts - how exciting!
    WOO HOO HOO (MY, MY) WOO HOO HOO!!!

Oh, GEF, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I am so glad that I will get a chance to meet you too. This is just fantastic. It's what I've been hoping for all along. Three cheers to your hubby!!!

As for your outfit, I reckon that low neckline will do the trick! I don't know about my being slim (I'm furiously working on regulating my diet and getting back into my exercise routine! ), but I certainly hope that Glenn will catch my eye and at least find me pleasing!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    As for our clothes on the night, I can certainly do light colours, but as for a tight white tank top, it would be much too cold in London to wear one! I've got one with a nice black detail on the front, which I would consider if it weren't for the London winter!
    I'm really trying to help you out here, girlfriend! You could wear a jacket over it and then take that off. When things warm up!
    Thanks, Brooke! I've been thinking about that option. I must ask, though (and I know I'm going to sound ignorant here, but if I don't ask, I'll never know ): what is the difference between a "strappy" top and a "tank" top? I thought they were one and the same, but now I'm not so sure.
    I would say this is the strappy top... (in Germany we call it Spaghetti top because the strap is small like Spaghetti )

... and here is the tank top:

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Excellent, EF!

And I think either would suffice!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten