Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles kick off LROOE tour in London!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    How exciting for you who are going! Even if you can't tear your eyes away from Glenn, you simply MUST give us something to go on! I'd like to know what new songs they play. This is so cool for you!
    Of course we will. I'm going to do my best to sneak in the camcorder!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Hubby has to go back to Germany for work the end of April or the beginning of May and he wants me to go with him this time. Could I be lucky enough for the German dates to work out to be at the same time we are there? <Fingers>
    I don't want to sound negative but there are still NO dates, just 4 cities listed. And it's not an official ticket seller but a broker site. I haven't read one word on the site where I usually get my tickets from.

I totally understand. My point was, if I'm going to be there, anyway, and the dates magically coincide -then I'll try to take in a show.

They've played shows 30 minutes from my house and I haven't seen them yet -how weird would it be to travel that distance and see my first show?

Good luck to all of you working out your travel plans. I hope you get fantastic seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Wow, I was really saving for a 5-star seat when they toured, but $700? Yikes! Gonna have to work harder on that! Do you think they will be that expensive here in the USA?
    I don't know. In the UK, they've raised the price to $795 due to the strength of the pound, I suppose. I think in the US it might remain at $700. However, I'm not sure the market will bear that. If not, they'll have to lower prices in order to sell more of the seats. Of course, they might make up for it in 4-star seat sales. I know when I saw that price, I decided that if it were not less, 5 star was out of my range. I'm still considering 4 star. Probably others will do the same.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I checked Ticketmaster a few minutes ago to see if they had anything listed yet, and sure enough, they have the London shows listed here. If you click on 'More Info", you will see the show prices listed for £70.00 - £110.00. But the most interesting thing is that it also says there are going to be 'Special Guests'. Hmmm - more Dixie Chicks I wonder. I really hope another act at the shows isn't going to become the norm. That only means one thing - less time for the Eagles.

And yeah - those ILAA tickets are rather pricey. I wanted to do at least one ILAA show since I've never done it before, but we'll just have to wait and see. When I went to the Oakland and Sacramento shows, I bought 3rd and 4th rows seats off of eBay for a lot less than the ILAA tickets, so that may be the route I go again. I'm crossing my fingers that they will start doing some dates here in the fall. I can't see them doing anything other than maybe a few solo gigs in the summer if they add dates in Europe.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Rebel

In one of the recent interviews, I think it was Glenn who hinted that the length of the shows in the future would be cut down to about 2 1/2 hours. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure they'll have an opening act everywhere they go. Way back when in the early 70s, the Eagles played for about two hours tops (sometimes less), but then again, they had only 3 or 3 albums to support and no solo material.

Stuck on the Border

Well, this setlist had better be varied from last November, when Glenn only sang five songs. As I said back then, I am not sure I will be going to the Australian leg if he doesn't bring back at least NKIT & TS, much as I want him (and Don) to sing new songs). (typed).

Anyway, I am really happy for those of you who are going to one of these shows. And I entered the competition! I'm surprised I wasn't barred as a non-US resident.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by scottside
    In one of the recent interviews, I think it was Glenn who hinted that the length of the shows in the future would be cut down to about 2 1/2 hours. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure they'll have an opening act everywhere they go. Way back when in the early 70s, the Eagles played for about two hours tops (sometimes less), but then again, they had only 3 or 3 albums to support and no solo material.
    ss - Now that you mentioned it, I remember something about that, too. All I can say is please, please say it ain't so!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

They also weren't charging as much money for their two hours!

I will be majorly bummed if their Nokia setlist is indicative of the future. DROP THE SOLO SONGS! Not the Eagles classics! If I want to hear All She Wants to Do Is Dance, I can go to a Henley show.

I do think that they will be playing more than four new songs, though, from what Glenn has said in past interviews.

While I do think two and half hours is better than nothing, I would hope that they would chock that full of EAGLES songs. I would also hope they adjust their price but... fat chance! I suppose they could tell themselves that the opening act justifies the higher prices, but if it's the likes of the Dixie Chicks... eh.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    OMG ladies - That is so wonderful. Now, if you want to accept a little advice from one of your elders, please consider springing for the extra money to get really good seats if at all possible. Trust me, you won't regret it. You will have a great time either way, but sitting in the first few rows will give you a whole new concert experience. I am so happy for both of you, and we will be expecting DETAILED reports.
    The plan is VIP tickets. We know they're expensive but hey this is a once in a lifetime chance!! And it might be the only time my daughter gets to be so close to HER Idol!

Hopefully we'll get to the detailed reports......if we can tear our eyes away from Glenn
    Yes, Dreamer, you are absolutely right - GA and I have been talking about VIP tickets since the news broke. From my point of view, it is hellishly expensive (it's 14 South African Rand to the British Pound Sterling ), but at the same time, I'm travelling so far and spending so much money as it is on plane fare, accommodation and day-to-day travel expenses (I won't be able to stay in London for longer than 3 or 4 days, anyway), that an expensive ticket will hardly be felt. I want to SEE the guys - I want Glenn perspiring on me, if possible!

Well, I'm relying on GA to book the tickets (yours truly does not have a credit card to book online) - I just hope we can pull this off!

Thanks for the support in general, girls! I've never been as excited about anything as I am about this. I'm BESIDE MYSELF! The magnitude of this is only really hitting me today! I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on anything else! As for detailed reports, I think GA and I will both put one together, and compare notes on the Board!

GEF, it would be absolutely fantastic if you could join us too. I hope you can work something out!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    ss - Now that you mentioned it, I remember something about that, too. All I can say is please, please say it ain't so!!!
    The only thing is that when they were playing in the Nokia theatre in LA the event was billed as 'Eagles and Dixie Chicks' There's no mention of a support band (yet) on the LROOE tour.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP