Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles kick off LROOE tour in London!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey

I want to SEE the guys - I want Glenn perspiring on me, if possible!
    The spit and sweat does indeed fly, MF, we aren't kidding when we say that!

Congratulations, ladies, I'm sure you'll have such a good time, you'll forget about the cost of the tickets!

And dreamer, yes, I think maybe Glenn needs to be forewarned!
    Spit and sweat, hey! Hmmm... I like the sound of that. It reminds me of Elvis' sweat-soaked scarves that he used to hand out to his enraptured audience!

I'm sure we will forget about the cost once we're there, Molly. Right now I just want to get all my ducks in a row first - then I'll be able to relax. My nerves are going to be finished by the time I get to London!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    That is fantastic, Ga! I'm so but I hope you all have a wonderful time and you get a healthy dose of spit, at least, from Glenn! :P
    Don't worry, Brooke - I'm sure the boys will tour in the States soon! This might be my only chance to see them.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Ok!!

I've booked the ILAA tickets.There can be no going back now!

Glenn Frey, watch out! Here we come!

WOO HOO HOO (MY, MY) WOO HOO HOO!!!

Now, GA, you know I will be forever grateful for your efforts for me in this regard! I can't believe we're really going. This is my biggest dream coming true!!!

I just have SO much preparation to do - it's quite scary. Like a temporary passport... without that I can do nothing and go nowhere!

The two of us are working on our new and improved appearance for this show. For all the effort we're putting in to this, I certainly hope Glenn sees us!
    You BETTER believe it MF! 63 days to go!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan

Congratulations, ladies, I'm sure you'll have such a good time, you'll forget about the cost of the tickets!

Sadly, after much 'soul searching', I will not be able to go. I couldn't afford the ILAA package, but I'd go for the £110 seats if I could dare mention it to hubby. I know I will regret it for the rest of my life, as realistically it is probably the last chance for me to see them. Maybe something will turn up.
    Hey GEF it took a bit of courage here to mention it to hubby as well! And that also had to include flights and accomodation. But I have to admit I got great support from him. You never know what may surprise you. Mine doesn't know how much the ILAA seats cost either! And he won't!

Isn't your birthday coming up shortly after.....?

But no, seriously I know you have to make your own decision and wouldn't dream of trying to influence you......
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I know just how you feel--two years ago when I wanted to see the guys during their Hotel California tour, I didn't want to bring it up to my hubby either. I finally just bought the tickets and told him later, explaining that we could use a little time away, since we never do anything like that. We went and it ended up being one of the best trips we have ever had together!

Smart move DF! I did some project work for my hubby first. Then I made him a nice cup of coffee.....and then I broached the topic. Even London didn't faze him out. In the course of the discussion I then mentioned in passing 'VIP' tickets. He didn't ask how much they were! Poor dear!

Its all about creating the correct setting!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm so happy you guys are getting to go!!! But at the same time.....so depressed that I can't! lol (is that possible?) Oh well.....I suppose I'll get to see them at least once someday

Sadly, after much 'soul searching', I will not be able to go. I couldn't afford the ILAA package, but I'd go for the £110 seats if I could dare mention it to hubby. I know I will regret it for the rest of my life, as realistically it is probably the last chance for me to see them. Maybe something will turn up.
    Oh no! This can't be! You HAVE to go! Even if you get the cheap seats.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow, congratulations GA!! I just know you are going to have great seats and a fantastic time. We will all be waiting to hear about your adventures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly

I want to SEE the guys - I want Glenn perspiring on me, if possible!
    The spit and sweat does indeed fly, MF, we aren't kidding when we say that!

And dreamer, yes, I think maybe Glenn needs to be forewarned!
    Lol, Molly!!

GEF, I was busy posting in this thread after working hours last evening, and submitted my response to this post, only to get "this page cannot be displayed" messages! I was going mad! Well, here it is now:

Oh, GEF! I would SO much like you to join us!! The first thought I had when I began considering going is that I'd love it if the three of us could make it together, since you're in London. I feel your pain - but I hope you can pull something out of the hat!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottside
    In one of the recent interviews, I think it was Glenn who hinted that the length of the shows in the future would be cut down to about 2 1/2 hours. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure they'll have an opening act everywhere they go. Way back when in the early 70s, the Eagles played for about two hours tops (sometimes less), but then again, they had only 3 or 3 albums to support and no solo material.
    They also weren't charging as much money for their two hours!

I will be majorly bummed if their Nokia setlist is indicative of the future. DROP THE SOLO SONGS! Not the Eagles classics! If I want to hear All She Wants to Do Is Dance, I can go to a Henley show.

I do think that they will be playing more than four new songs, though, from what Glenn has said in past interviews.

While I do think two and half hours is better than nothing, I would hope that they would chock that full of EAGLES songs. I would also hope they adjust their price but... fat chance! I suppose they could tell themselves that the opening act justifies the higher prices, but if it's the likes of the Dixie Chicks... eh.
    I hear your point, Soda, but I must admit, if it means that I can see Glenn letting rip and dancing, then I will happily have "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" in the setlist! I'm sorry, I know that's very shallow...

In all seriousness, I agree with you that it would be a pity for the show to be shorter than 3 hours, especially with the ticket prices being what they are. I've made sacrifices for a long time now to save enough money to be able to attend one of their shows abroad, so I'm looking forward to a long show. I'm just sad that my favourite acts in world music never make it to South Africa. We've just had the likes of Enrique Iglesias, Mary J Blige, Gladys Knight and Elton John, and Celine Dion will be here soon. Why not the Eagles?