Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at the CMAs

Wow, I'm so excited for you two actually going. It's like a warm up for the tour! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hope someone will be able to record it. Brooke, you'd better get that manual out! It took hubby and I about a year to grasp how to use our dvd recorder!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I am so excited too!
    I am a self-confessed "awards show junkie"--I love to watch the Grammys, the Oscars, the Tonys, and the like. Those shows are always held in New York or LA, however. Now the thought that I am actually going to be at an awards show in person--one that is within driving distance--and one where the Eagles are performing--is unbelievable.

Dreamer and I may not be the biggest country music fans in the world, but I love country rock, and I know we will have a blast!
    I love watching the awards shows, too. I always pick my favorites to win and like to see how it turns out.

This is just way cool that you guys are going!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Man - I'm so excited! DonFan and I have decided to make the trip to Nashville to see the show. I guess I'm about to become a country music fan. Anyone else wanna join us?
    OMG, you both are going to that award show? I can't believe that since you always said you don't like country music. Ok, when it comes to the Eagles it's easy to forget, huh?
    I'm soooooo jealous not only for the Eagles... you get to see Keith too! What a treat! You will have blast seeing him performing. Hopefully he's not singing only one song because his new single EVERYBODY is a ballad and not his best song. I cross my fingers he will also perform one of his rock songs. He always explodes on stage.
    He's nominated for 3 awards, I hope he wins at least one award. He definitely deserves to win the Entertainer Of The Year.
    Dreamer and DonFan will be BIG country and Keith Urban fans before this show is over. I can feel it!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Wow, I'm so excited for you two actually going. It's like a warm up for the tour! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hope someone will be able to record it. Brooke, you'd better get that manual out! It took hubby and I about a year to grasp how to use our dvd recorder!
    Can't wait for these reviews! Unbelievable!

And yes, I will be spending lots of time with that manual and the recorder in the coming days!

Edited to add: Dreamer and DonFan, you need to study Keith's thread COMPLETELY, before you go.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Dreamer and DonFan will be BIG country and Keith Urban fans before this show is over. I can feel it!

Edited to add: Dreamer and DonFan, you need to study Keith's thread COMPLETELY, before you go.
    You might be right, Brooke. I can't think of someone who doesn't love him after seeing him live.
    Still can't believe it, the Eagles and Keith in one show... couldn't get any better!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    I can't think of someone who doesn't love Keith after seeing him live.
    Still can't believe it, the Eagles and Keith in one show... couldn't get any better!
    Yep, I'm one happy camper, all right.
    We will fill you in on every detail!

Default CMA's

You are lucky ladies getting to go to the CMA's! I'm in Tennessee myself but can't afford the tickets so won't be going. Please share all the details with us when it happens so we can all drool!!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - the tickets to the show are rather expensive, but I justified the trip to myself because I have an aunt that lives in Nashville that I decided to pay a visit to that week. So aside from the cost of the ticket, the trip won't be that expensive for me.

I think it will be so cool to see the guys perform at their first awards show ever, even if they will probably do only one or two songs. I'm guessing they will do 'How Long' - at least I'm hoping they do.

I will definately have to buy a Keith Urban CD to listen to in the car on my trip. It will be my mission to thoroughly check him out for the girls here on The Border. Now help me out ladies, what CD should I buy? Does he have a greatest hits or compilation CD? I generally prefer those.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

What a cool experience -even if the Eagles weren't performing, I'm sure it would be exciting! Have fun, ladies!

How much are tickets, if you don't mind me asking DF and dreamer? That is SO cool that you guys are going! That's something I've always wanted to do!

Maleah, they have tickets available in several price ranges--you can see all the prices if you log onto ticketmaster.com and type in CMA Awards.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Yeah - the tickets to the show are rather expensive, but I justified the trip to myself because I have an aunt that lives in Nashville that I decided to pay a visit to that week. So aside from the cost of the ticket, the trip won't be that expensive for me.

I think it will be so cool to see the guys perform at their first awards show ever, even if they will probably do only one or two songs. I'm guessing they will do 'How Long' - at least I'm hoping they do.

I will definately have to buy a Keith Urban CD to listen to in the car on my trip. It will be my mission to thoroughly check him out for the girls here on The Border. Now help me out ladies, what CD should I buy? Does he have a greatest hits or compilation CD? I generally prefer those.
    Dreamer, we love our aunts, don't we?
    I looked for the ticket prices... yes, I agree it's expensive. But I think it's worth the price.
    As for buying a Keith CD I will answer you in the Keith thread.