Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA 10-18-07

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Look, a Nokia concert review from the LA Times!

"Eagles. Dixie Chicks Throw Open Nokia's Doors"
    Soda, thanks so much for posting this link. I enjoyed reading this enthusiastic review. The accompanying photo is lovely, too. Oh, how I wish I could have been there!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Disclaimer: Until I have that album in my hot little hands I cannot be held responsible for my behavior. Insanity due to Eagle deprivation is a medical condition and legally defensible.
    PLS, you crack me up!

Spare a thought for me, though - I'm still living in hope that The Eagles will include South Africa on their list of countries to tour next year . Otherwise, I'll have to make that European, or English, or Irish, trip...

South Africa seems to be very popular with international artists right now: we have Enrique Iglesias, Gladys Knight and Mary J Blige here, all at the same time. Elton John and Celine Dion are on their way early next year, too. I want THE EAGLES, darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I hate to be a downer but:

It's a good review, yes. But what a deeply conservative setlist. I suppose Glenn's 'new' song is How Long. He sang 5 songs, the same number as Joe. I'm sorry, but that is wrong. Presumably the acoustic set had to be dropped for time reasons. But most of it.... the same old, same old.

When is Don Henley going to play drums on a recent song? The only time he ever did it was on The Girl From Yesterday. I know people want to see him down the front but...
    FP, I agree with you wholeheartedly about Glenn only singing 5 songs. In my mind, Glenn is as strong a singer as Don, and deserves an equal share of the vocals. I loved HFO, but at the same time was disappointed that Glenn only performed three songs. He is a wonderful singer, and extremely versatile, as anyone who appreciates his solo output knows. He puts a rocker over as well as a ballad, not to mention his country-flavoured and blues offerings. I would also like to see Glenn including more of his solo material in the Eagles' set lists. I reckon that what's good for Don and Joe is also good for Glenn . I'm sure that songs such as "Smuggler's Blues" (we all know that this song has been featured in an Eagles set list before) and "The Heat Is On" would go over a treat with fans.

However, FP, as much as I would love to hear The Eagles performing their new material, having never had the privilege of seeing them live, I would not have a problem with them singing their "Greatest Hits" at all. A good mixture of the two would be great, along with solo offerings from Glenn , Don and Joe. Having said that, I do understand your viewpoint, having seen them several times before, and not wanting to hear the same songs if you get another chance to see them, especially at A$550 a ticket .

I also enjoy seeing Don play drums, but he has become a terrific performer over the years, and it's great to see him upfront, too. I suppose a balance is what's needed here.

GEF, thanks for posting that interesting review. I suppose we all have our opinions, but whatever their set list, I am sure that I would not be disappointed by The Eagles, as they are such a well-oiled performing machine, and simply brilliant. There is no band in the world today that can touch them, IMHO.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm glad they are doing some of their new ones, but I think they will have to mix them in rather than doing 4 in a row. When people don't know the song, they tend to get bored.

Now me, I would NEVER be bored by Eagles music! But that's just me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

There are some pictures from the second night Nokia concert here:

http://iluvshania831.livejournal.com/169087.html

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Some nice pictures there. Thanks gef!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Thanks for the link, GEF. Cool pics.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Nice pics GEF. I like Glenn 's outfit in them.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

These are just great but I can't save them as .jpg files, and if I save them as .bmp files they're blank. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3847723...7602626801887/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - they sure are great, FP. Gorgeous is more like it! Thanks for the link!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016