Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA 10-18-07

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    These are just great but I can't save them as .jpg files, and if I save them as .bmp files they're blank. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3847723...7602626801887/
    Here you go - enjoy

We'll have stars to wish on every single night
    We'll build a fire and make love by candlelight

Oooh, SG, those are terrific! Any chance you can do a few more of them? I had the same problem as Fp. Thanks for the link, Fp.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

WOAH! Those are magnificent! Thanks so much for posting those, SG!

FP, thanks for posting the link!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Holy Cow!
    Thanks for the link FP and for the ones you posted SG. There are some really great pics in there. I love the one of Al's hands on the trumpet...assuming it's Al. Regardless, it's a great pic. Love the drummer face on the b/w of Don. Oh I have to go look again!
    I just love Glenn's outfit.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Me too, he looks gorgeous in that blue striped shirt.
    Thanks for the link FP and SG for posting these -pictures. I also would love to see more of them.

Oh, I forgot to say: I love your avatar, PLS, very cute.

I love Glenn's shirt!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm with you guys! Love the av and the shirt!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Thank you SG. If you could do some others it would be appreciated. I love that shirt.

I'm sorry but today photobucket isn't cooperative at all. Don't know if they have server problems or whatever but I can't upload one single photo

Maybe Nancy can upload a few more, I think she knows how to save those flickr photos. Anyone else?
    We'll have stars to wish on every single night
    We'll build a fire and make love by candlelight

Default The Nokia in Los Angeles

I received this review from "Ordinary Average Guy":

So I arrived at the Nokia Theatre in Downtown LA a little late around 8:40, Even with the Clippers
    basketball game going on traffic and parking was rather easy. The Nokia Theatre what can I say what an
    impressive venue. My Guest and myself walked in and an easy time finding out seats in the loge section
    of the Nokia Theatre. The Dixie Chicks were on stage doing their set the crowd was quite lively and the
    theater inside was amazing. The Dixie Chicks played up until about 9:15 or so I had stepped out in the
    midst of their set to get something to eat. There was a brief break between the Dixie Chicks and The
    Eagles.

Around 9:40 the silhouettes of the Eagles could be seen walking onto stage and just a few minutes later
    The Eagles started off their set with How Long. The crowd was excited to see them but was kind in the sit
    back and listen mode for the first couple of songs from Eden. The band sounded great Don, Glenn, Tim
    and Joe sounded great and the acoustics inside were awesome. All four were upfront standing, playing
    and singing. After How Long the band promptly kicked into Busy Being Fabulous Don sounded really
    great during this song. Before going into I Don’t Want to Hear Any More Glenn spoke and said hello to
    everyone thanking and welcoming them for coming out to see them in the new Nokia Theatre. Glenn
    than introduced Timothy who said Hello and then went into I Don’t Want to Hear Any More. Tim sang it
    very eloquently. After I Don’t Want to Hear Any More it was Joe’s turn to sing with Guilty of the crime.
    Joe was quite animated tonight. After the band finished doing their Eden set they kicked into Hotel
    California with the trumpet solo by Al Garth. Hotel California was the first song that had Don behind his
    drum set. Hotel California simply rocked the Eagles were accompanied by 7,100 people singing along.
    After Hotel California things really got cranking. The crowd was really alive tonight. After Hotel California
    the band went into Peaceful Easy Feeling and One of these nights. Before the band performed Lyin' Eyes
    Glenn took a minute to talk about the Fire Storm that has been going on around Southern California. He
    announced the Eagles as well as AEG will be making a significant contribution to help those affected by
    the fires. Glenn dedicated Lyin' Eyes to his Ex-Wife Plaintiff much to the crowd's delight. With the crowd
    alive and rocking it was evident the Eagles were also feeding off the energy from the crowd and were
    really rocking. With each song the crowd became more and more alive. After Lyin' Eyes Don came up
    front and sang Boys of Summer. Don as did the rest of the band sounded great though he didn’t do much
    talking.

After Boys of Summer they kicked into In the city and The Long run and the crowd was loving every
    minute of it. People were up out of their seats dancing. After The Long Run Glenn introduced the backup
    band including I guess a new keyboard player in addition to Will Hollis and Michael Thompson. The Mighty
    Horn Section was present this time with different hats. Joe came out with his Helmet cam and he and
    Glenn chatted for a bit than Joe explained why he had a construction worker's helmet on. During Life’s
    Been Good Joe made another reference to the Lakers stinking without Shaq much to the delight of the
    crowd. Dirty Laundry saw Don dedicate it to Nancy Grace. During the guitar solo the band gathered in
    the middle of the stage. Joe started to jump up and down then the rest of the band joined in. The band
    was really in a great mood tonight lots of energy and had lots of fun on stage. After Dirty Laundry came
    a really enthusiastic Funk 49 followed by Heartache Tonight. The crowd was on their feet dancing and
    signing during Heartache Tonight, though Glenn did not hug himself like he does in Farewell 1. Life in the
    fast lane was next and was simply awesome. After fast lane the band set down their instruments and
    walked off stage. They came out a few minutes later for their only encore for which they played Take it
    Easy and Desperado. After the band left the stage after Desperado the crowd did not immediately leave
    thinking there was maybe one more encore but when the house lights came on - that was the end.

It was a terrific show; the band sounded great; the crowd was alive; I had a great time and I came away
    very impressed with the Nokia Theatre.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten