Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure where to post ... longing for the 70's

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Not sure where to post ... longing for the 70's

Hi everyone! I've fallen off the boards for a while. I just realized the Eagles are coming back to Chicago this month! (was I under a rock?) In any case, I've been watching you tube for their earlier days. The long hair and big mustaches. It's weird, but when I watch those video's, I get such mixed emotions. On one hand, I LOVE seeing and hearing them from a different era. On the other hand, I actually get kinda sad that I wasn't around to have seen them live back then. Is it strange to have a feeling of nostagila for a place/time you've never been? I often think... ah, to have been 20 in 1974... you know, instead of 4 yrs old.

I'm going to have to catch up on all the posts I've missed over the past few months... it may take me months to do so. Hope everyone is well!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Not sure where to post ... longing for the 70's

LTLH--I kinda know what you mean. I was 11 in 1974 and told by Mom & Dad that I was to young to go see them when my cousins presented me with a ticket to go with them. I remember crying for several days to no avail. When I got tickets last Sept. for Chicago, I reminded my Mom that I was now old enough and she couldn't stop me this time. Of course she didn't remember! The tour I am even sorrier for missing is HFO. That is the one show I would of loved to have seen because I remember when I first found out they were back together just how overjoyed I was. Besides, they all looked so scrumptous during that! Still do--just not quite as much!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Desperado

Same here... Born 1964
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

I was 26 in 1974. I didn't miss much...and anything I DID miss wasn't MY FAULT that I missed it. The one thing I did miss that I do regret was the Original Woodstock. Work prevented me from taking off to go to it.

But then, that was a mixed blessing....miserable conditions with rain and far more people to accommodate than the farm had facilities for. But OH, THE MUSIC!

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I actually get kinda sad that I wasn't around to have seen them live back then. Is it strange to have a feeling of nostagila for a place/time you've never been? I often think... ah, to have been 20 in 1974... you know, instead of 4 yrs old.
    Try not even being born yet. I'm 25 now and my friends always tell me that I have an old soul and that I should have lived during the 70's at the age I am now. I wish.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I'd like to have seen them live back then, too, but would I have liked to have been born earlier? Nah. One word: Internet!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Wait, I have another word... Timetravel! BTW Soda, I just read that you were upfront at Fleetwood Mac. That's awesome! Stevie rocks!

Are you heading to Moline or Sears Centre to see the Eagles in Chicagoland this month? Seeing as how you are an Indy girl, we are like neighbors.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was 6 in 1974! Still a bit young!! I'd love to have been a 70's Eagles groupie!
    Welcome back LTL!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Are you heading to Moline or Sears Centre to see the Eagles in Chicagoland this month? Seeing as how you are an Indy girl, we are like neighbors.
    I'm afraid not! The Eagles are coming to Indy, so I'm saving my pennies for that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I was 20 when I saw them in St. Louis in 1976. A perfect age for a groupie had I known then what I know now! But being a country girl from Missouri, I didn't know about such things and it was amazing that hubby and I could have even afforded our tickets back then. We probably lived on ramen noodles for a month to buy them for what, $20 each? And nosebleed seats to boot!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten