18 60.00%
  • Suits

0 0%
  • Both-as in F1

12 40.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeans or Suits?

Default Re: Jeans or Suits?

You know, I could actually be down with the suits if they'd just take off those ties and unbutton a bit. The ties totally kill it for me.... my DAD owns ties like that. A rock star at a concert should never be dressing like my dad when he went to work as Regional VP of ExxonMobil, Saudi Arabian division! That's just WRONG!

P.S. Don says he's "read a lot of crap on the internet" about the suits..... here's hoping he means online newspaper reviews and not the opinions of his fans!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

P.S. Don says he's "read a lot of crap on the internet" about the suits..... here's hoping he means online reviews and not the opinions of his fans!
    I hate to say it, and at the risk of some backlash here-I get the impression that Don & Glenn really don't care so much about what the fans might think or say, as long as we are forking out the BIG $ for the tickets.

If they cared, I think things would be a little different, such as ticket prices and the way they dress on stage. For him to admit that he has read a lot of "crap" on the internet-kind of says it all to me. I agree there is a lot of "crap" written about them but for the most part, I haven't seen anyone, rather it be fan or reviewer, that likes the suits but yet they persist they want to "look their age". That also goes for the price of the ticket, haven't seen anyone that agrees that those tickets should be that high and that it is ok, but we go ahead and pay it because we haven't got a choice if we are true fans and want to see them. I don't think anyone would dispute the fact that Tim & Joe would much rather dress casual and would be much more comfortable doing so--but I don't really think the "other half of the team" cares one iota. If they say wear suits--you wear suits-PERIOD!

Just MHO--sorry if I once again offended anyone here. (take into consideration I am a wee bit bitter right now because the whole Indy thing-I have convinced myself if that ticket was less $-I would of left for home at 3 in the morning to get back home for the following days appointment).
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Cool Re: Jeans or Suits?

Wahoo The evidence Always wins and boy did you post some Hot evidence,TBF !! Keep that evidence coming .

Wonder if the comment about trying to look like teenagers was cause of some of Joe's livelier outfits?? They didn't look like teenagers they looked casual and comfortable with jeans or slacks just look at the evidence TBF presented!! I got news for Don, 60 yr old men wear a lot of things and most of them aren't suits .At that age they can't wait to dump the suits the've worn them for too long and now just want to feel relaxed and comfortable
    Really confused where Don's take on how they looked in jeans is coming from??

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

I understand the frustrations - I feel them too - but I have seen evidence that Glenn and the guys do care about their fans! They just rarely put the fans' desires before their own.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Don says he's "read a lot of crap on the internet" about the suits..... here's hoping he means online reviews and not the opinions of his fans!
    I also hope that it wasn't the fan's opinions that Don was referring to as 'crap'. I actually hope they do read the fan's opinions. After all, our opinions should count for something. Like Soda, I do believe that they care about their fans.

A couple of other comments about Don's remarks. He says if suits were good enough for The Beatles, then they are good enough for the Eagles. Remember, Don, The Beatles dropped the suits too.

Don also says there's nothing more pathetic than a bunch of 60 year old guys prancing around as teenagers. Surely Don (and Glenn), you do not believe that jeans are only for teenagers.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

One thing about Don is he is very opinionated

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I understand the frustrations - I feel them too - but I have seen evidence that Glenn and the guys do care about their fans! They just don't put the fans' desires before their own.
    As in "their own", who are we referring too? I truly believe if they had all taken a vote including the whole backup band and all, that jeans or casual would win out. I choose to believe this is a Glenn and Don thing. I also believe that they do care about their fans but believe you are right that it comes down to "them" in the long run.

Dreamer--you are so right--let's also not forget that when the Beatles were wearing suits, it was a whole different time!

TG-I'm with you- Confused! I have to also wonder how Joe felt when Don said that. Did he want to say "I'm guilty of the crime".

All in all--I still love Glenn & Don---But Don if you are reading my "crap" -loosen up dude!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Cool Re: Jeans or Suits?

Saw an interview with Timothy and he was asked about not having much imput or say in the bad and boy did he tip toe around that question like it was a snake!! He basically said that when you join a band that you had no part in forming then you pretty much have to just go with what the founders want and learn to live with it! (Sigh) sometimes wonder if he wouldn't have been happier staying with POCO and if he regrets that decision now!?! He used to have a lot more of a say in what went down and got to write songs and sing them more. Oh well that's water under the dam at this point I just don't see that he is really appreciated or valued the way he should be. He brings a lot to the band I think!

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

Well, Tim was dissatisfied with Poco in the seventies - he complained that they weren't going anywhere. He was willing to sacrifice creative control in order to be a part of a band that WAS going somewhere... the Eagles were the biggest band in the country at the time along with Fleetwood Mac. Imagine his dismay when it went kaput only a couple years later - and at that point, Poco didn't want him back.

Years of hard living taught Tim to appreciate the value of a dollar. He looks at his bank account and is satisfied with how things are. Poco isn't bringing in nearly those kind of numbers. I'm not just speculating here - Tim has stated himself that he's cool with the situation, that he feels "lucky" to be a part of the Eagles. He uses his solo albums as outlets for his creativity. Yeah, I'm sure he's not thrilled when he's told his material isn't up to Eagles standards (as he says in 60 Minutes, "Why don't you like my songs?"), but I guess he also recognizes that the way Glenn and Don have done things have made the Eagles the most successful rock band in history.

I voted for Both. The guys definitely look great in jeans but i'm one that digs the suits too. I agree that they could lose the ties and unbutton a few but I think they still look pretty darn good in the suits. If they want to wear suits, I'll take 'em in the suits. If they want to go with jeans, I'll take 'em in just jeans....oops, i mean i like them in the comfortable clothes too. Hehe!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."