• Suits

0 0%
  • Both-as in F1

12 40.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeans or Suits?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Jeans or Suits?

OK.... regarding the comments that I only expressed a preference for the suits out of loyalty to Glenn, this is part of the story but not the whole story. The way I wrote it did give that impression, but it isn't correct. I repeat.... I like the suits, particularly on Glenn. I am not attempting to imply that his other fans are being 'disloyal' to him because they do not like the suits.

However I believe in his right to make decisions and he has made this one. I would rather support it than be critical of him. We will never know what prompted him to make it, because he does not give interviews and therefore I would prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This is my own opinion and I realise that it is not shared by others. As far as I am concerned, if Glenn were to revert to wearing jackets and shirts over jeans, I would be happy (I think the open shirt over T shirt and jeans is as conservative and 'middle aged' as the suits). But if he chooses to wear a suit, I have to hope that I will see this at some time. Please remember that I am one of the few people remaining on this board who has not seen this tour, and I want to see him wearing a suit. Again I state that I understand everyone else's preference for jeans, but I have seen the jeans. The only thing I would agree with wholeheartedly that when all four of them wear suits they do look a bit like they are in uniform.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, Tim was dissatisfied with Poco in the seventies - he complained that they weren't going anywhere. He was willing to sacrifice creative control in order to be a part of a band that WAS going somewhere... the Eagles were the biggest band in the country at the time along with Fleetwood Mac. Imagine his dismay when it went kaput only a couple years later - and at that point, Poco didn't want him back.
    It's always been my understanding that he didn't want to go back. From the interviews I've read, seen and heard over the years, it hasn't sounded like that interested him. If he were interested, I think he would have made some kind of random appearance at some Poco show over the last few years. Of course at this point, he would totally be stealing his former bandmates' thunder if he did. And if it ever did happen, I'm guessing that Richie Furay would be involved, since he seems like the Poco member (now former, of course) that Timothy is closest to.

Cool Re: Jeans or Suits?

Timothy did 11 albums with POCO and I think gave it his best shot,just artistically couldn't do it anymore. When the chance came with the Eagles he took it with his band mates blessing . Your right tbsf he didn't want to go to POCO there was nothing there for him anymore so he just kept going forward and played with a lot of great musicians! He's always had good things to say about his time with POCO and his former band mates.

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

I voted for both. As long as suit coats are optional <g>. I'll also admit that before I saw in person how they looked wearing them at a show, I didn't think I'd like them as much as I do. But to me, there's just something (maybe part of it is the 'novelty' of it <g>) about the way they look in their suits (very handsome imo). Of course I think they all look most HS&G in jeans, however I'm still enjoying the suits too.

They're the ones who know what this life is

IMHO I don't care what they wear. I enjoyed the suits just as much as I enjoy the jeans. I think each band member should be able to wear what they want so they are as comfortable as they can be. It's ok to want to reflect a certain style to the listeners but whatever the style chosen, should be up to the individual to dress in what they prefer instead of all of them uniformally dressed.

I'm going to have to agree with that ,FFL, comfort should be the bottom line. Anyone preforms better when they are comfortable

As I have already written, I find it also good if they carrying suits, (even if I prefer the Jeans) when everyone wears the same suit it looks a little bit boring for me and when everyone wears the same the individiuality gets lost.
    However, actually, it no matter to me what they wear, importantly is only I see an eagles Concert for the first time in summer !
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

That's great, Koala! Took me a long time to get to a concert too but it was worth the wait . Have a Great time and Maybe they'll have new suits by then .

Quote Originally Posted by TimothysGirl View Post
    That's great, Koala! Took me a long time to get to a concert too but it was worth the wait .
    The Waiting of the concert is it certainly worth! There I am completely sure!
    Have a Great time
    Thank´s, I will enjoy the concert definitely !
    Maybe they'll have new suits by then .

Possibly however if not it is not so badly!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I voted for jeans, as I love their more casual look. The funny thing is, I had a dream a couple nights ago that they were wearing jeans...along with Mexican sombreros! LOL.