Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Out on the Border

Default Re: Almost Famous

http://www.grassrootstv.org/view?showID=10707

New member. Just testing. This 1974+ video from Aspen grassroots public tv used to be posted on youtube but I can't find it so you have to down load it. It's worth the 6 minutes wmv downloading. Does this post work? Midway through, Glenn Frey (with signature sunglasses on his beautiful long hair) singing Margaritaville with Jimmy Buffet and the late, great Steve Weisberg (John Denver's band) playing slide dobro. The first part has the beautiful Chris Cox singing songs which should've been part of the Eagles' repertoire. He looked like an Eagle and he, and Richard Hathaway, were always in demand at Jake's Bar in Aspen 1974/1975/1976/1977. Glenn, Henley, Buffett, Steve W. and the boys from the Dirt Band used to show up at Jakes. This video is a time capsule of Aspen in the 1970's! Hope it posts and you can download it and figure out how to upload it to youtube, where it deserves to be preserved! Actually, now that I look at the dates, I'm pretty sure Glenn and Buffet are playing in 1976, summer, when Jimmy Buffet got married in Aspen and Glenn and Henley were at the wedding. Chris Cox video maybe around 1973. His "Untitled Love Song" was played in winter 1975 at Jake's. Beautiful song. Should've been an Eagles song. A question for Glenn and Henley should be "did you ever meet Chris Cox? He was a great guitarist, songwriter, and singer." I wonder what Glenn and Henley would say, because Chris Cox was a huge presence in Aspen in the 1970's. You can see Steve Weisburg alot in the background, helping create the early 70's sound of Aspen. Lol there's a lot of people in the background!
    Last edited by Marcie Reese; 08-13-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie Reese View Post
    http://www.grassrootstv.org/view?showID=10707

New member. Just testing. This 1974+ video from Aspen grassroots public tv used to be posted on youtube but I can't find it so you have to down load it. It's worth the 6 minutes wmv downloading. Does this post work? Midway through, Glenn Frey (with signature sunglasses on his beautiful long hair) singing Margaritaville with Jimmy Buffet and the late, great Steve Weisberg (John Denver's band) playing slide dobro. The first part has the beautiful Chris Cox singing songs which should've been part of the Eagles' repertoire. He looked like an Eagle and he, and Richard Hathaway, were always in demand at Jake's Bar in Aspen 1974/1975/1976/1977. Glenn, Henley, Buffett, Steve W. and the boys from the Dirt Band used to show up at Jakes. This video is a time capsule of Aspen in the 1970's! Hope it posts and you can download it and figure out how to upload it to youtube, where it deserves to be preserved! Actually, now that I look at the dates, I'm pretty sure Glenn and Buffet are playing in 1976, summer, when Jimmy Buffet got married in Aspen and Glenn and Henley were at the wedding. Chris Cox video maybe around 1973. His "Untitled Love Song" was played in winter 1975 at Jake's. Beautiful song. Should've been an Eagles song. A question for Glenn and Henley should be "did you ever meet Chris Cox? He was a great guitarist, songwriter, and singer." I wonder what Glenn and Henley would say, because Chris Cox was a huge presence in Aspen in the 1970's. You can see Steve Weisburg alot in the background, helping create the early 70's sound of Aspen. Lol there's a lot of people in the background!
    Marcie, welcome to The Border. Your post worked OK, of course, but I have not tried the link. Please don't take this personally, but most of us do not click on links from new members on their first post, and I would never recommend downloading a file from an anonymous user. It could be very safe, but I can't trust the security of my laptop to a link I've never seen before! Especially as it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the movie Almost Famous, which is what this thread is about. It sounds like a video that others have posted here from YouTube, but I can't be sure.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I've seen that video, but it is a rarity for sure. Welcome, Marcie! I'm moving the posts to the video thread.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

On the press thread, Kim asked if there was more to the Bob Costas inteview. The full interview starts about 19 mins into this and runs for 30 minutes into this. There are also several interviews with Don.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlo...ews_shortfilms

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    On the press thread, Kim asked if there was more to the Bob Costas inteview. The full interview starts about 19 mins into this and runs for 30 minutes into this. There are also several interviews with Don.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlo...ews_shortfilms

Thanks UTW! I know what I'm watching later tonight when I get a chance
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I found this clip on YouTube. This is from 1986 in Tokyo, Japan. Glenn singing You Belong To The City and The Heat Is On. The video is soo clear.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmppgsX87JE[/ame]

Stuck on the Border

Thanks, Shun. That made me think of the behind-the-scenes clip from that show so I'm going to repost that. It's a shame the after-show interviews aren't on youtube anymore.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vsN9M31RS0

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I loved the backstage interview when the lady reporter gave Glenn the red roses. It is too bad if it's down. I went over to GFO to see if Soda had a download of it, but I didn't see it at a first glance. She does have video of Glenn's songs for that concert though. Here's the link ...

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downl...alivevideo.htm

She also has some other good downloads in the Live Treats and Fun Stuff sections ... and not just on GFO, but the other guys sites as well. Definitely worth checking out sometimes if you haven't already done so.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I found this on Facebook. I thought this was so cool. I major in meteorology in college and I probably would had done this too if I had worked at a tv station.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/..._CBS_Minnesota

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I got all 24 references. Very cool and nice tribute.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time