Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Continuing my trawl through new posts to youtube, here's a couple from 1992 (Arsenio Hall?),

The Heat is On:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGgfT7xuHTY

I've got Mine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G33yYiPZlrg

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks UTW - I've Got Mine is definitely in my Top 10 of favorite Glenn solo songs. And, of course, The Heat Is On is forever awesome.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Thank you so very much for posting these videos!! Love both of these songs and Glenn looks so good in them!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I saw this post awhile ago and then came across the song recently and its fantastic and just been playing it on repeat, they both sound similar but I love Glenn's parts its such a powerful pop song. I dont know why but Glenn sounds even better to me when he duets on songs and contrasts his voice with someone else like all his great Don/Glenn duets.
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border

Prompted by Janette writing about a BBC radio interview in the "remembering" thread, I went looking for other interviews with the BBC. The BBC's listings aren't very good for Glenn - I think they linked to one interview with Joe and Tim with Simon Mayo. In that, Simon talks about having Glenn on the show and with the help of Google, I was able to find it. It's a lovely interview but I find it hard to hear about his future plans. Apart from Glenn singing at the piano, my favourite bit is his reaction to the messages sent into the show.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00vg3jk

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Prompted by Janette writing about a BBC radio interview in the "remembering" thread, I went looking for other interviews with the BBC. The BBC's listings aren't very good for Glenn - I think they linked to one interview with Joe and Tim with Simon Mayo. In that, Simon talks about having Glenn on the show and with the help of Google, I was able to find it. It's a lovely interview but I find it hard to hear about his future plans. Apart from Glenn singing at the piano, my favourite bit is his reaction to the messages sent into the show.
    The clip doesn't seem to be working.....

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    The clip doesn't seem to be working.....
    Maybe it's UK-only. I hate it when that happens.

Darn. I've heard it before, but I was looking forward to hearing it again.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Glad I prompted you to prompt me to find this show!! Thanks. It was good to hear him talking about Barnes. I was actually on a long, long walk by the Thames going through Barnes on the day he died but, of course, I had no idea...

As I mentioned in my blog tribute to him, I had 'transfered out' to write about classical music, opera etc back in the 80s. I was intrigued to read somewhere that our great London Symphony Orchestra played on "Desperado". I love little connections like that.

I noticed that in this 2012 interview he said that his parents were still alive. Is that still the case? How sad if it is. Given their ages, he could have hoped for longevity. I was saddened to hear him talking in another interview of Joe Walsh's very robust 90 year-old father and how "Joe's father is my role model."

A quick question: I found this utterly beautiful performance of "Desperado" on what I think is a French site.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrn...esperado_music But it tells me nothing of when and where it comes from. Does anyone know?
    Last edited by JanetteG; 03-03-2016 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Needed to add a sentence

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by JanetteG View Post
    Glad I prompted you to prompt me to find this show!! Thanks. It was good to hear him talking about Barnes. I was actually on a long, long walk by the Thames going through Barnes on the day he died but, of course, I had no idea...

As I mentioned in my blog tribute to him, I had 'transfered out' to write about classical music, opera etc back in the 80s. I was intrigued to read somewhere that our great London Symphony Orchestra played on "Desperado". I love little connections like that.

I noticed that in this 2012 interview he said that his parents were still alive. Is that still the case? How sad if it is. Given their ages, he could have hoped for longevity. I was saddened to hear him talking in another interview of Joe Walsh's very robust 90 year-old father and how "Joe's father is my role model."

A quick question: I found this utterly beautiful performance of "Desperado" on what I think is a French site.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrn...esperado_music But it tells me nothing of when and where it comes from. Does anyone know?
    I believe Glenn's mother died in September 2013. They were on tour in Canada at the time.

That Desperado performance is from the MTV show that was recorded immediately prior to the "Hell Freezes Over" tour in 1994. It's available on DVD and CD.