Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Glenn Videos on YouTube.com

Is there a chance you may have clicked on the wrong video?

Stuck on the Border

EL.... I clicked on the links which were provided. What else was I meant to click on?

It really isn't important.

FP, I also got a screen asking me to sign in to YouTube. I finally went to YouTube & did a search for kperk014 & found the videos there. I had to scroll through some of the other videos to find the 3 of Glenn, which are the songs that Soda has mentioned.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Julie, I got the following:

All Those Lies

That Girl (my favorite song)

Sea Cruise (my favorite video of the three)

Look at the main window, not the ones on the sidebar.

kperk, I see you utilized GlennFreyOnline.com well. Thanks for posting! Great job!!
    It's great to find a site like this to share videos and pics. Glenn spent a lot of time here in the Shoals area starting all the way back in 1971. Being a small town, we kind of adopted people like Glenn, Bob Seger, Paul Simon, Rod Stewart, Staple Singers, Aretha, etc. You gotta hand it to people like Stewart, the Rolling Stones, and Traffic for even being able to find Sheffield, Al after traveling all the way from England! The nearest interstate is 60 miles away! Of course, officially, we never knew when they were here unless you spotted them at a night club or restaurant.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm sorry, but how do the Amazing Rhythm Aces relate to Glenn?

I clicked on all three links and each took me to that song, and I don't understand the reference.
    When I click on those links, the Aces pop up for a split second but the Frey'ed videos start playing.

I get the split second pop up but then I get the screen that asks me to sign in & the videos don't play. Oh, well. I found them anyway. Great job kperk! Thanks for posting & welcome to the Border.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I get the split second pop up but then I get the screen that asks me to sign in & the videos don't play. Oh, well. I found them anyway. Great job kperk! Thanks for posting & welcome to the Border.
    I appreciate the compliment! It's hard to post on youtube. So much of the great music from Muscle Shoals is prohibited. The Staples, Paul Simon, Aretha, Boz Scaggs are just a few that I can't post. Oh well, I guess they're afraid to let the music get some more exposure and someone may go out and actually buy the CD.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kperk014 View Post
    I appreciate the compliment! It's hard to post on youtube. So much of the great music from Muscle Shoals is prohibited. The Staples, Paul Simon, Aretha, Boz Scaggs are just a few that I can't post. Oh well, I guess they're afraid to let the music get some more exposure and someone may go out and actually buy the CD.
    Welcome kperk- I think you and I are going to get along just fine here! I'm of the same mind when it comes to YouTube.
    Boz Scaggs you say? LOVE HIM!!!!! I use to have quite a few Boz videos saved in my faves (haven't checked lately tho). Are they taking him down now also?

BTW--Thanks for the Glenn vids!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Welcome kperk- I think you and I are going to get along just fine here! I'm of the same mind when it comes to YouTube.
    Boz Scaggs you say? LOVE HIM!!!!! I use to have quite a few Boz videos saved in my faves (haven't checked lately tho). Are they taking him down now also?

BTW--Thanks for the Glenn vids!!
    I'm not sure if they are taking down all of Boz's stuff but the "Boz Scaggs" album, which is 40 years old this year, is part of the Warner Group and can not be uploaded. It's a great album and contains a song (Loan Me A Dime) that, along with Wilson Pickett's cover of Hey Jude, launched the short career of Duane Allman. If you listen to them you'll know why.

I'm glad you like the vids. I just wish people were as camera-happy in the old days as they are now.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

kperk - the videos work fine for me as well. You did a good job on those. As I've said many times before on this board, I love the entire No Fun Aloud album and All Those Lies in one of my all time favorite Glenn solo songs.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016