Page 28 of 103 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Now, regarding the commercials:

Glenn certainly thought the commercials were justifiable. Here's some quotes on the matter where he makes several good points:

"Sure, I did an ad for Pepsi, they're a corporation, but no-one talks about the $20 million, $40 million that these corporations injected into inner city projects. I'm a songwriter, I've got 21 people directly dependent on my turning over at least $1 million a year and these are the ways I make my songs work for me." (Juke 198

"There were a number of considerations I took into account before deciding to do [the Pepsi commercial.]... I have 20 people working for me who depend on how much money I make a year. Plus two elderly parents to support and you know Reaganomics is doing nothing to help them. Someone offers me a million bucks to do something, I think twice about it. Also, I have what is called in this business 'an image problem.' I didn't have one when I was with the Eagles. After we broke up, we had this joke about having cow skulls, neon lights, and hotels on the album covers. No one knew what we looked like, which made the leap into solo stardom a bit difficult. The Pepsi spot offered me visibility and a chance to work with Ridley Scott and Don Johnson. I also liked the premise of the commercial, and Pepsi was supposed to start a 'You Belong to the City' campaign where they'd donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to inner city projects to buy athletic equipment." (198
    If for no other reason I consider the highlighted sections to be enough to justify Glenn 's doing commercials. I admire anyone who will go out and work at anything they are able to do rather than 'go under'. The 80's were tough and while Glenn himself would probably have been financially secure if he didn't bring the dough in someone further down the line might have had to lose out. It was good of him to recognise that during a time when others might have been less sympathetic.

I suppose too he had to have his eye on the future and if people recognised him as 'the cute guy from the pepsi commercial' etc, well they'd be more likely to buy his music. JMHO however.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh no! All of the OFFICIAL Glenn Frey videos have been taken down off of YouTube!!! I wonder why? These were not uploaded by fans, they were uploaded by Universal Music Group! Now, when you click on them, they say "Video removed by user"!

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda, thanks for putting up the explanation by Glenn for his commercials. It make much more sense when you realize his motives. Plus, I was a huge Don Johnson/Miami Vice fan in the 80s and I thought his commercial was a very well-done play on that image. As a matter of fact, I just bought a box set of Miami Vice and last night I watched the episode called "Prodigal Son" where Sonny & Rico went to NY to help on a case. When they played Glenn's You Belong to the City, I thought it added a great deal to the show.

As for them taking down Glenn's official videos---BOO!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Geez, guys! You all really don't get it!

For the third time: Boooooooooooo!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Man - that is such a shame. Well - at least all is not lost because we can still view them on GFO.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Awww. What a pity . I enjoyed looking at them. At least they are on the site as well and I also have them on my computer and Ipod. But I loved watching them and commenting on them.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm somewhat late on this, but allow me to add my 10c worth too:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I was so pleased to see Glenn's videos "out there" on YouTube, giving an opportunity for his music to be reintroduced to the world. Many fans (including myself) posted really positive comments on the videos. To say that I don't understand this latest "development" would be an understatement.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Re: Glenn Videos on YouTube.com

So, someone uploaded some home movies set to "Burned" presumably of Glenn and the Subterraneans. Sure is hard to tell, though. What do you guys think?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXSaUn1NBV8[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

..uumm..very difficult to distinguish anybody...would Glenn be the one with the microphone and tambourine???...could be him....but strange he's not playing a guitar...

Stuck on the Border

Although he sings lead on the song, it surely wasn't him with the mic. He has never done that in his entire life. (You know, Glenn, there is a first time for everything. If Don can do that, why can't you)? I thought he was on the right in the plaid (!) jacket with the guitar. I thought the hair of the guy with the mic was too light in colour. The song is a lot better than I remembered. His voice was great, even then.

And yet... and yet... the only photo of him I have performing with this group, he is not playing guitar and the hair doesn't look that different: