Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Glenn Videos on YouTube.com

Yes, I agree. Somehow it wouldn't have looked right if an older woman had abandoned her partner for him.

~~~

This way to happiness...

For some reason, I can't get over how annoying I find those teens. I can ignore them until she gets onstage with Glenn, but then I have to watch him sing to her! Oh well, it's a great song regardless.

~

Stuck on the Border

Nancy, I know what you're saying, but as I said, I just look at him. She isn't there, as far as I am concerned, except that I am imagining it's me. That is the only purpose she serves.

Compare this video with Springsteen's Dancing In The Dark where he drags Courteney Cox (as she then was) up on stage and it's all so narcissistic and isn't Springsteen wonderful. In this the girl is lonely and the singer just wants to make her feel better. I say 'the singer' because Glenn is playing a role here as much as anyone else.

Hmm, interesting, you think he was just taking pity on her because she has such a loser boyfriend? I thought he took her onstage with him because she was so obviously smitten. I like your explanation better.

How I love to overthink.

~

eaglesfans

I've always thought it was her fantasy....she's standing there staring at him and all of a sudden she's being pulled up onstage.....kind of an escape from the lame boyfriend and his lame friend.

</p>

hmmmmmm - I'd never even considered that. They do show her looking very "dreamy" at the end. That would make sense.

~

Stuck on the Border

I've always thought it was her fantasy....she's standing there staring at him and all of a sudden she's being pulled up onstage.....kind of an escape from the lame boyfriend and his lame friend.
    I think that's closer to what I meant to say. It certainly represents how I feel when I watch it, probably to no-one's surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Compare this video with Springsteen's Dancing In The Dark where he drags Courteney Cox (as she then was) up on stage and it's all so narcissistic and isn't Springsteen wonderful.
    That's interesting, because the Springsteen video came to my mind as well. In True Love there is no ultimate gain, just a response to a young lonely girl who has obviously found a hero to worship. (And still has the self control to take her two gawky friends back home safely)

~~~

This way to happiness...

Check this out, people! Sexy Girl video with an opening I've never seen before!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4thy1QqIW0[/ame]

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Cool - I like that beginning, but it's not like we don't already know where Glenn gets a lot of his song-writing inspirations.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...