Thread: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Out on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Don't know if this one's been posted, but its Glenn & Jimmy Buffett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsBMyQsJes4

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I can't watch anything.

I have hundreds of photos in my Photobucket account & I don't know what to do with them.
    FP, save they for the time when you will be able to look at them. I'm sure that day will come.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi g View Post
    Don't know if this one's been posted, but its Glenn & Jimmy Buffett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsBMyQsJes4
    Very cool.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's still hard for me to watch videos and it's been months. I can listen to the music fine and have done so often, but there's something about seeing him... I've actually not been able to finish any of these videos yet, but of course I'm still grateful they're being posted and I do try to watch them. I just have to stop the video after about a minute, typically.
    I've mixed feeling watching him in any of the videos that I have seen since his death. The evening afterwards I watched HOTE in its entirety. Something was telling me that I had to actually see him ALIVE again before I could even start to believe what had happened. Sometimes when I watch him in videos its like it never happened, the suddenly something reminds me and I get unbelieveably sad too. But I am grateful that we have so much material of him and it seems too that every day fresh material is unearthed by somebody -whether an unpublished photo, or a video they maybe didn't want to put up in case of copywrite.

But please do everyone continue to post whatever material you have of him.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I've mixed feeling watching him in any of the videos that I have seen since his death. The evening afterwards I watched HOTE in its entirety. Something was telling me that I had to actually see him ALIVE again before I could even start to believe what had happened. Sometimes when I watch him in videos its like it never happened, the suddenly something reminds me and I get unbelieveably sad too. But I am grateful that we have so much material of him and it seems too that every day fresh material is unearthed by somebody -whether an unpublished photo, or a video they maybe didn't want to put up in case of copywrite.

But please do everyone continue to post whatever material you have of him.
    The older the video, the easier I find it to disconnect from his death. I have no problem watching the 70s and 80s videos. Where I have most problem is anything from 2010 onwards where I can see the signs of arthritis. I had a problem with those when he was alive, too. When it comes to listening, I love anything from 1980 to 1994 because he was a good voice and stretching more than he did in the Eagles. I also love anything spoken from that time even if I cringe a little at the drug references.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    The older the video, the easier I find it to disconnect from his death. I have no problem watching the 70s and 80s videos. Where I have most problem is anything from 2010 onwards where I can see the signs of arthritis. I had a problem with those when he was alive, too. When it comes to listening, I love anything from 1980 to 1994 because he was a good voice and stretching more than he did in the Eagles. I also love anything spoken from that time even if I cringe a little at the drug references.
    Do you think that is a reason why there hasn't been an HOTE DVD?

I still get angry that there was never an LROOE DVD, and as for the After Hours tour, it would have been wonderful, arthritis or not.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Do you think that is a reason why there hasn't been an HOTE DVD?

I still get angry that there was never an LROOE DVD, and as for the After Hours tour, it would have been wonderful, arthritis or not.
    I hadn't thought of that. Maybe they thought it was silly to make a DVD of a show based on a DVD.

I'd love to see a DVD of any of Glenn's solo shows.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm like UtW. I enjoy seeing the photos and watching the videos of a young and vibrant Glenn. While he remained vibrant until the end, it tugs at my heart to see the recent stuff and to think of how little time he had left and how much pain he had to be in.

I'll be happy with anything being released. I said that I was going to watch Live in Dublin over the weekend, but college work got in the way of that. Maybe this weekend, I can watch it. (I won't have as much work to do). I would love LiD to be officially released on DVD and/or bluray.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I totally agree, AG. The recent stuff is hard for me to watch. I think of how hard things were for him, yet he soldiered on with a smile, and continued to make millions of people happy.
    Yet I know he now has "No more stormy nights, No more cloudy days."
    God knows how much we miss him.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. Maybe they thought it was silly to make a DVD of a show based on a DVD.

I'd love to see a DVD of any of Glenn's solo shows.
    But it was a concert. If they wanted to use the same title they could have just called it History of the Eagles Live In Concert or something like that.