Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

I've never heard of a video for that - it's one of my favorite songs - I'd love to see it, too! We'll have to keep an eye out.

At least we have a live version: http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multi...msDublin92.mpg

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I've never heard of a video for that - it's one of my favorite songs - I'd love to see it, too! We'll have to keep an eye out.

At least we have a live version: http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multi...msDublin92.mpg
    This tells some of my obsessive nature but it was at the end of like an Entertainment Tonight weekend show or something and someone had done a little story on Glenn and Joe or something and as they show was going off the host said "here's Glenn Frey from Strange Weather and 'River of Dreams'". It was him and I think possibly Mrs. Frey in little shots, outside riding bikes, by the famous river (as in 'holding hands by the...")

It looked very sweet and made me very envious.
    What d'ya say we pack up that Camaro, honey, and chase the sun until we're free.

Sigh. It sounds fabulous. Maybe one of these days it'll turn up, I hope!

Stuck on the Border

I have never even HEARD of that.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by freygirl
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts

This tells some of my obsessive nature but it was at the end of like an Entertainment Tonight weekend show or something and someone had done a little story on Glenn and Joe or something and as they show was going off the host said "here's Glenn Frey from Strange Weather and 'River of Dreams'". It was him and I think possibly Mrs. Frey in little shots, outside riding bikes, by the famous river (as in 'holding hands by the...")

It looked very sweet and made me very envious.
    I wonder if it was a little closing segment done specifically for the show you were watching and not a video. Whatever it was, I wish I had seen it. You certainly have a good memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I wonder if it was a little closing segment done specifically for the show you were watching and not a video. Whatever it was, I wish I had seen it. You certainly have a good memory.
    That makes sense. I would have loved to see that!

Default river of dreams

I promise I didn't make it up. I never heard of it or saw anything about it afterwards and always wondered what happened. It didn't seem just for the end of the show (I'm thinking it was Entertainment Tonight, seems like Leeza Gibbons was hosting: that's how long ago it was).

Anyway...a lot has happened since then. Maybe I dreamed it.
    It's been one of my favorite songs since I first heard it. The whole "let's just leave this mess behind and find some peace" aspect appeals, you know?
    What d'ya say we pack up that Camaro, honey, and chase the sun until we're free.

I know what you mean. Plus, the music itself has this really uplifting aspect to it that's hard to explain.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That song is so beautiful, so romantic, and so hot all at the same time. The words <sigh>, the music <sigh> ... you get the picture. I love it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I was listening to the Tokyo 1992 version where he talks about getting away from the concrete canyons and uses his line from Dublin 'it's always nice to have some nature in your life' - although I confess when he says that other thoughts seem to intrude.