Page 205 of 207 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2068

Thread: Frey Fever (March 2009 - April 2010)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Frey Fever: The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Where did I use the word 'unfair'? No, I am not saying that at all. I wish there was more acceptance by the people who 'prefer' their 70s appearance of their current appearance, that's all. People age, rock stars included.

If people prefer the 70s era because they're nostalgic for that time, OK, but it's the 'they looked better then' part that I have difficulty with.
    WOW-what an assumption! Sorry but I am VERY accepting of their current appearance. Just because I liked the 70's era Glenn doesn't make me "unaccepting" of him now. I also liked Randy's 70's look better, and Timothy's HFO era better. Again.... I "accept" them just as much now. That being said--I also "accept" my appearance now also. It's all part of aging.

As far as nostalgia... damn right I'm nostalgic! I would love to have some of those times back of first discovery in 1973/74 of this band!! Mind you, I wouldn't want to actually go back-I was 11 for goodness sake! I'd be lying if I said I don't think of those times with fondness! I hardly think that makes me any less "accepting" than you are when it come to the Eagles. I also get nostalgic for the Long Run era (when I first saw Timothy) the HFO era (when I got to "rediscover" them) and 2007 when we finally heard new stuff from them on LROOE!! Hell, I'm nostalgic for the first Eagles concert I got to see!! Why is that wrong? It keeps my LOVE for them alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I "accept" Glenn's look now and I still find him very attractive, but to pretend like I don't prefer his 1994 look because apparently one ought to prefer "Whatever he looks like now" - well, that just seems silly to me. What if he suddenly dyes his hair dark pink, gives himself a mohawk, botoxes his face until it's absolutely immobile and starts wearing poodle skirts and cone bras (ala early 90s Madonna) to perform? Would you be sitting there saying "Whatever he looks like now is his best look"?
    Exactly!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubador
    It's just that, in the shallow pursuit of ogling pictures and drooling over old videos, we all have our favourite looks or hairstyles or outfits - and sometimes, it's fun to indulge in those! I suppose it also comes down to personal associations and memories.
    Again, I believe this is spot on! And there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make anyone LESS of a fan than the next. I hate assumptions regarding my fandom!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, I'm probably one of the worst about preferring their 70's looks and being all shallow about it. I think, for me, seeing all the old pictures and videos just takes me back in time and I remember myself during that time. I was 16 when I first heard Take It Easy. And if I hadn't been a country bumpkin stuck in the boondocks of Missouri with no way to get out, I'd have probably ran off to California to be a groupie! ( Don't tell my kids or my husband!) But I'm not living in the past. It just brings back the memories and yes, makes me feel nostalgic. Who doesn't want to relive good times once in a while?

I do appreciate the guys even today in their 60's. They have aged well and I still find them very attractive men. (Most especially Glenn and Don, if you didn't know! ) But I do say that I prefer their looks from when they were young. I prefer my own looks when I was young, too! But we can't change that, can we?!

I think everyone associates certain events in their life with certain things, especially music. Just like every time I hear the song Maggie Mae, it brings back the memory of a hayride I went on at 16 with high school friends. I can remember exactly what I wore, how long my hair was, who was there, (and who wasn't!) and what happened, all because of hearing that song on a radio we had playing by the bonfire.

But Fp, I am 53 and I don't prefer their "current period." But that doesn't mean I don't like it. I'd much rather have it than have nothing from them.

And my husband introduced me to the Eagles in 1972, but that's another story from days gone by! Ok, I'm rambling now!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Guess this is what soda meant by the term "sweaty Eagle", lol. All sweat aside, mighty fine pix........
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border

I don't know if it's because I'm not a political conservative but I'm not a 'nostalgia' person (I don't wish to give the impression that conservatism is only about nostalgia - if so I am sorry, but in my own mind for this scenario there seems to be a relationship of some sort). Whenever I read reviews saying 'the audience was transported back in time to a happier period which brought back so many memories of..... etc' I shake my head because that doesn't apply to me. I don't look back on my high school days when I first heard the 70s Eagles songs, with any particular feeling of nostalgia. Even the Long Run period when I first 'fell' for Glenn when I was at university, I don't really look back at those years very often. So that makes me the opposite of Brooke & TBF and it probably also makes me in a minority on the board. I don't think I explained why I prefer the current look very well, either. I wonder if this deserves a separate topic.

I will now post a couple of photos from a few years ago and just say that those Allnighter era photos are hot.

Last edited by Freypower; 04-08-2010 at 06:27 PM.

I like that striped shirt pix cuz I like the shirt<G>. Mighty fine. My desktop would be lonely without all the stuff I steal from these forums, lol.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't know if it's because I'm not a political conservative but I'm not a 'nostalgia' person
    Huh?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

There you go. I should have known that would create controversy. I tend to associate 'looking back to when times were better' (nostalgia) with 'things were better then so there is no need to change anything now (conservatism).

Apparently I can't say anything at the moment without putting both feet squarely in my mouth.

Sometimes it's hard to follow your drift, at least it is for me.
    Last edited by pueblo47; 04-22-2010 at 08:20 PM.

...hey let's just say..the man was and still is gorgeous!!!!!...am I right?.....