Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Taylor Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Taylor has just announced her 2013 world tour in support of her new album Red. As yet she has just put in US dates. I'm under SEVERE pressure here to organise a trip to one of them for Laura!

Mission Accomplished, Mama!!! So glad I could help!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thank you so much for all your help there HH!

Taylor, here we come!

At the moment Laura is trying to decide what to put on a banner. God only knows why she is asking me for advice. Told her I don't NORMALLY make banners for gigs........
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

oh your daughter must be so excited!!...so happy for her...

I am one that thinks this girl is so overrated. I don't think she sings very well in her live performances, at least the ones I have seen on tv.
    I also think it's a shame that she has to turn almost all of her big 3 month relationships into a song. The girl has been through 13 guys, all up & coming or big actors or singers over the past 4 years, ( Yeah, I looked that up)

I know she has a huge fan base, but seems that it's mostly the high school crowd. What really pissed me off was how many awards she has won in the Country Music genre, where I think she is much less talented than the others she was up against. But what do I know??? it's like Justin Beiber....I don't get all the hype over him either. Just not my thing, I guess or I am too old to appreciate or see the talent in either of these two?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I am one that thinks this girl is so overrated. I don't think she sings very well in her live performances, at least the ones I have seen on tv.
    I also think it's a shame that she has to turn almost all of her big 3 month relationships into a song. The girl has been through 13 guys, all up & coming or big actors or singers over the past 4 years, ( Yeah, I looked that up)

I know she has a huge fan base, but seems that it's mostly the high school crowd. What really pissed me off was how many awards she has won in the Country Music genre, where I think she is much less talented than the others she was up against. But what do I know??? it's like Justin Beiber....I don't get all the hype over him either. Just not my thing, I guess or I am too old to appreciate or see the talent in either of these two?
    Um For your information I like Taylor Swift and I am damn sure not In High school anymore. I think She's lovely and so what if she puts her relationships into song? If you dont like it you don't have to listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Um For your information I like Taylor Swift and I am damn sure not In High school anymore. I think She's lovely and so what if she puts her relationships into song? If you dont like it you don't have to listen to her.
    Excuse me, but I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else....Just because it doesn't agree with yours, no need to get nasty!!!
    Her little tattletale relationship songs are not too nice if you are the one being written some not such nice things about. Must be a reason all those hot guys dumped her after only 2 or 3 months...
    So, here's a right back at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Excuse me, but I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else....Just because it doesn't agree with yours, no need to get nasty!!!
    Her little tattletale relationship songs are not too nice if you are the one being written some not such nice things about. Must be a reason all those hot guys dumped her after only 2 or 3 months...
    So, here's a right back at ya!
    Like I said, If you don't want to hear them, turn the station.

omg that's what ALL songwriters do.... draw from their own lives and relationships and write about it!!!

I am not a Justin Beiber fan either, BUT there is simply NO denying his talent! He has a silky smooth voice. He can dance AND he can play several instruments! I've spent hours watching his home video stuff on youtube from when he was a kid. He's amazing, but I certainly don't buy his music cus it's not my thing.

We live in a different era now and with social media, stars that would have only reached a certain level, can reach lofty plateaus these days (hence the Beibers and Gaga's of the world).

I've always looked at music as a way to UNITE people together. If we all liked the same stuff life would be boring. But neither one of those two would be where they are today if they didn't have talent at all and that's the bottom line, plain and simple.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Like I said, If you don't want to hear them, turn the station.
    Yes, that is exactly what I do! If you like her fine, but we are all entitled to our opinion....Not everyone is going to love her.

I am really not a fan of country music in general. I guess some country today is borderline pop. The country music genre is the one where the money is these days....There is no money in making rock music these days.......To me that's very sad because I have seen several new rock vocalists who just can't get anywhere because the rock genre isn't that successful. Many of the old time rockers are still thriving, but thats because they have a huge following from the past, so they are still around, thank goodness, but to break into rock these days is extremely difficult.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Ok...I just re read the posts....we are all entitiled to our opinions around here...and there are so many genras out there just like chocolate and vanilla ice cream...we all have choices.
    I do think she is talented . Yes , most writers write about their life experiences....muscians as well as authors....

The whole thread I just read made me laugh with Justin Beiber....when I was 5 it was Bobby SHerman and David Cassidy. My friends little girl is so in to Beiber its funny and she is 4 years old. I am sorry for the trip down memeory lane...all the talk of beiber and swift made me realize that through out time there will always be "teen heart throbs" JMO