Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Taylor Swift

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: Taylor Swift

I think some of her songs are catchy, and I did see her open for Rascal Flatts a few years ago and thought she was great. I do not own any of her CD's,however, nor am I in a big hurry to get them. I totally understand how young folks can relate to her, and I hope she has a long, successful career. As far as the guys she's dated, she's really no different than any other young woman, except her life is played out in front of the world. Let her have fun and leave her alone.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Three dates announced for the O2 in London in early February 2014. Tix on sale at 9am Friday. I WILL be working then but will try to get in from my class computer. If any of our UK members get presale info from ticketmaster that they don't want, could they pm me please. That way I can buy early.

Laura's Christmas present sorted!

Thanks!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    You could have registered for Laura though SC!

I'm sorry...didnt' even think of it. I just do not like her or her songs. They make me think of nails on a chalkboard. Same with Justin Bieber

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, I think you went to see her last month. Could you give us a review? Just wondered how she was live!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Ok, I'll throw in my two cents worth here. My personal opinion ( which is opposite of many of you, I know) is that the girl is terrible vocally. If you have to rely on auto-tune,etc. just to sing, and can't reproduce live what you do in the studio, then I just have a hard time with that. And before anyone tells me to just change the station - I already do - I have a strict no TS policy in my car

I will give her props for writing her own music, but I will say that after her being around for a few years now, they are starting to sound the same. And being a teacher of kids who are the age of the girls who like her, I do appreciate that on stage she has a clean image. I don't know about the fact that she man (boy) hops, but that's her life, so whatever.

To each their own, but she pales in comparison to so many others out there, and I guess that's what drives me crazy. There are so many out there who could sing circles around her and will never get the chance because they don't have 'the package' that's necessary to make it in music today.

Also, she has won awards, but to my knowledge they have been awards for Entertainer of the Year. As far as country music goes, she has never won an award for Female Vocalist of the Year. That goes to the women who can really sing.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    Ok, I'll throw in my two cents worth here. My personal opinion ( which is opposite of many of you, I know) is that the girl is terrible vocally. If you have to rely on auto-tune,etc. just to sing, and can't reproduce live what you do in the studio, then I just have a hard time with that. And before anyone tells me to just change the station - I already do - I have a strict no TS policy in my car

I will give her props for writing her own music, but I will say that after her being around for a few years now, they are starting to sound the same. And being a teacher of kids who are the age of the girls who like her, I do appreciate that on stage she has a clean image. I don't know about the fact that she man (boy) hops, but that's her life, so whatever.

To each their own, but she pales in comparison to so many others out there, and I guess that's what drives me crazy. There are so many out there who could sing circles around her and will never get the chance because they don't have 'the package' that's necessary to make it in music today.

Also, she has won awards, but to my knowledge they have been awards for Entertainer of the Year. As far as country music goes, she has never won an award for Female Vocalist of the Year. That goes to the women who can really sing.
    Agreed.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I think some of her songs are catchy, and I did see her open for Rascal Flatts a few years ago and thought she was great. I do not own any of her CD's,however, nor am I in a big hurry to get them. I totally understand how young folks can relate to her, and I hope she has a long, successful career. As far as the guys she's dated, she's really no different than any other young woman, except her life is played out in front of the world. Let her have fun and leave her alone.

I agree,

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post

Very well said, and I mostly agree. I will listen to her music, but her newest songs were pretty good at first, but they grew old really quickly and burned out for me within months of hearing them. I sort of regret purchasing them, but I am sure somewhere down the line, I will feel nostalgic for 2012 and listen to them again.

I think her singing could definitely be improved. She really does have it all except for an exceptional vocal talent. However, her style does distinguish her from all others and once you hear her, you know it's her! That being said, I, too, wish many very good singers & songwriters could make it bigger out there despite not having the right mix.

At the moment, I cannot verify if she's won a "Best Vocalist" award, but you make a good point there!!