Thread: Fargo Review 3-15-09

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fargo Review 3-15-09

FINALLY......I am back and excited to tell you what I can remember about the concert! LOL I was SO excited for this day to finally come! I had 3 family members and two friends coming with who had never seen the Eagles and my best friend who has gotten hooked on them like me. He's already stated that we need to start looking for #3.

First I'll tell you a little about what led up to the concert. We had the bright idea (or crazy depending on how you look at it ) that we were going to dress up like Joe did on the F1 dvd. Yes......complete with helmet cam. So the week before the concert we purchased construction hats and had a friend paint on a little camera and write some stuff on them. The night before the concert we went and bought paint and black pants and painted yellow polka dots and elephants on the pants. It was a LONG night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When time finally arrived for the show we proudly (or hesitantly depending on who you ask ) wore our outfits to the door. I was pleasantly suprised by how many people stopped us and commented on how cool the outfits were. We had a lot of people point and laugh. lol We had one gentleman ask us where we bought the Joe pants and was shocked to hear we made them. lol There were still several people who stopped us and asked what the heck it was all about which was fun because then we got to share the story. lol

I was positively giddy of course as time drew near! I was disappointed that we weren't really close enough for the guys to see our outfits....but the reaction from our fellow concert goers was worth the time and effort. But the seats were better than I expected.

I decided that I would paste the set list in and comment on what songs I could remember details about so it would help me remember. lol But some quick notes about the guys and the show before I get started.......

Glenn and Don struggled a bit throughout the show. Especially Glenn, as Don seemed to warm up as the show went along. It seemed maybe like they were a bit sick or hoarse. Timothy endeared himself to the ND crowd by being his usual sweet self. Joe was absolutely on fire! lol Seriously...the guy put EVERYTHING into his performance! In comparison to the Chicago show, it seems like he sleepwalked through that performance because he was really getting into it here! To say the crowd adored him would be an understatement! Anyway.....on to the show

[Set 1]
    How Long - It's ALWAYS so excited when they start and this was no different! This is when you first started to hear Glenn having a little trouble though. But he was a trooper and pulled through! Of course the crowd was instantly on their feet!

*of course Glenn does his "welcome to the Eagles assisted living tour. We are the band that would not die..." etc etc. Gets a big appreciative laugh from the crowd who obviously hadn't heard it before.

Busy Being Fabulous - Got a good reception I thought. The gentleman who did a review for the newspaper obviously does his research though, because he called it "Just Too Busy Being Famous."

I Don't Want to Hear Any More - Tim never gets the response he deserves for this song but he did fabulous and got a nice round of applause.

Guilty of the Crime - Joe's first entry got people excited and it was obvious RIGHT AWAY that he was going to be wound up all night! lol He was singing his heart out!

Hotel California - The trumpet started and the crowd knew right away what it was and went crazy. This was Don's roughest moment though. He was struggling to hit quite a few of his notes and by the time he was done his voice was so raspy I was relieved it was the last part! I was worried it would have given out if there had been another verse or chorus! lol

Peaceful Easy Feeling - The entire crowd was singing along with this one. At times it was hard to hear Glenn!

I Can't Tell You Why - Timothy steps up and says it's my turn to say hello Fargo and gets a huge reaction. Lots of screams and whistles. lol It was funny because he goes "Thank you all for coming out this Sunday.....*pause*.......*looks over at Don*......it is Sunday right?" The song started and everyone went crazy. He nailed it!

Witchy Woman - We were SO excited when it started! Although I was a little concerned if Don was going to be able to hit his falsetto notes he was spot on and didn't seem to be struggling at all anymore.

*Glenn does his plaintiff joke and gets another huge laugh No really....he did

Lyin' Eyes - This was probably Glenn's hardest song after How Long. He struggled early but sounded stronger a little past halfway through. Even though I had heard it before, it was cute when he sang "A rich old man and she won't have to worry....well....not much." The crowd loved it!

Boys of Summer - Don nailed it and it was fun to see the guys singing along with him

In the City - the first song that the crowd was on it's feet for during the entire song (except of course How Long). Joe seemed to change the guitar solo up a bit at the end. It was awesome!

*Don steps out to center stage and the crowd went crazy! He says hello Fargo and waits for the cheering to die down so he can speak again. It takes a while and he has to grin a little. Finally he says "we've had a few shows in Canada and it's nice to be back in the States and warmer weather!" He pauses for effect and smiles a cute little smirk because obviously ND isn't going to be much warmer than Canada....although it was a beautiful weekend!

The Long Run - One of my favorite's of the night! The entire band seemed to be thoroughlly enjoying themselves! Don points to Joe during his slide solo with Stu. It was cute because during "bent but we ain't breakin'" Don and Glenn of course bend sideways again. Well, Glenn and Don kept alternating almost like each kept trying to go lower than the other. They both smiled at the end and it was cute.

[Intermission]

[Set 2]

No More Walks in the Wood - Got another great response to this one. Their harmonies were spot on of course. Flawless

Waiting in the Weeds - Don was a little wobbly at the beginning but strengthened up and it was beautiful! It didn't get quite the response that it did in Chicago though, unfortunately. Glenn says it's one of his favorites and that it was brilliantly written by Don with help from Stu

*Glenn does his joke about this being track #8 which follows track #7 and again the crowd cracks up

No More Cloudy Days - fantastic as usual! Glenn sounded fabulous!

*Timothy talks about the songwriter again and sings the tempted by the fruit of another song (can't remember what it's for sure called?). It was very cute.

Love Will Keep Us Alive - From where I was standing it looked like Timothy received a standing O for his performance! This was the only song that I heard someone get off on their harmony on all night....and I'm pretty sure that it was Don. lol! He QUICKLY fixed his mistake though!

*Glenn says that their wives call this the credit card song and some lady must have yelled it out because Glenn goes "That's right lady, Take It To The Limit!" and points at her

Take It to the Limit - Spot on again. And again the crowd was singing along and most of them were standing

Long Road Out of Eden - Joe went crazy on his guitar solo's! Which in turn made the crowd go crazy! Don even had to look back at him a couple of times and smile. It went over very well

Somebody - Another one the crowd really enjoyed. I love Tim and Don sharing a mic! Timothy said something to Don, which made them both crack up. Something must have been off with Don's guitar because he stopped playing and had his head bent over it, adjusting the controls until he liked what he heard and joined back in.

Walk Away - all it took was the opening guitar riffs and the entire place went crazy. It was like somebody threw a firecracker in the place because everyone shot to their feet and didn't sit down until they were sure Joe was done! lol He really cut loose! It was awesome!

One of These Nights - They did a bluesy intro to this one, which I don't remember them doing in Chicago but I could have forgotten it. Don sounded awesome with the exception of his high falsetto note, which he missed.

[Band Intros]

*Glenn has his eyes closed for pretty much the entire band intro. He introduces Timothy (I don't remember what exactly he said ) and the crowd goes crazy for Tim. Tim then returns the favor and introduces Glenn by calling him their fearless leader...the man with the plan. They play "My Girl" but Glenn doesn't sing but he DOES dance! Glenn gets a rowdy reception as well. I wish I could remember word for word what Glenn said about Don because it was really sweet. Basically, he said something like this next man needs no introduction. he's been my friend for ___ years and was the man that I started this band with. He helped me lift it to astronomical levels and continues to lift it even higher. Something like that anyway. I was not expecting the reception that Don got! I have never heard ANYONE get such a long, loud ovation! People on the top levels were stomping their feet, everyone was whistlind clapping and it wouldn't stop! Don smiled and shook his head and looked a little shy about it. It STILL didn't stop! He finally threw back his head and laughed and gestured with his hand as if to say alright alright. It was awesome! And then of course.......Glenn goes on to say "And last but not lost.......a legend in his own room......" followed by some other cracks...........".....JOE WALSH!" Don definently got the longest ovation....but Joe definently got the LOUDEST! It was like an eruption! He acted like he was staggering backwards from the noise and then fighting his way back to his mic against the tidal wave of cheers. It was cute.

*Joe does his "how ya doin? how ya DOIN?" bit and says again about how he's sorry this song is responsible for how weird everyone is because their parents listened to it over and over again. I'm convinced no one there had ever been to another Eagles show because they crack up again lol

Life's Been Good - the guys seemed to have a BLAST! Joe went crazy with guitar solo's until even Glenn and Don were smiling. Funny part of the song.........Don went to strike the cymbals and COMPLETELY whiffed. He totally missed the entire cymbal. It was HILARIOUS! He laughed and when right on playing. Joe had the crowd sing the verse beginning with "my masarati....." it was LOUD and even he seemed to be pleasantly suprised with how many people sang along.

Dirty Laundry - absolutely kicked butt! It totally rocked tonight! I don't even know what else to say about it! lol

Funk #49 - Glenn and Joe had their little guitar duo again and it was hilarious. Joe went off the charts with an insane riff and Glenn was making goofy eyes as he was playing it.

Heartache Tonight - the crowd started to sit down, not realizing with the jazzy little intro what song it was but quickly shot to their feet when it started. Listening to Glenn sing this, you would never have guessed he was struggling earlier! He nailed it!

Life in the Fast Lane - Another one that the crowd absolutely loved! Don included his "ya'll" after "brutally handsome" but didn't ask "are you with me so far." Again, it seemed like Joe switched up his solo's quite a bit.....he must have been feeling it tonight because everything was like he was full of caffeine! LOL It was fantastic!

It took some time for the guys to come back on stage. I knew they were going to do an encore, but it took so long that I was starting to get concerned! I knew, at that point, that we would only get one encore and I figured it was probably because it sounded like their voices had struggled off and on during the night. They finally come back out but with all the lights still off there must have been a problem with a speaker or amp because they all turn to face this one particular speaker/amp as someone runs onstage and messes with it. They then turn on the lights and Glenn says thank you Fargo etc etc and starts TIE. I was bummed

[Encore]
    Take It Easy - the crowd loves it and again are singing along so loud that they HAD to have heard it

Desperado - absolutely beautiful! Crowd sings along again and by the last note Don's voice is very VERY raspy. When the last note is sung a sadness falls over me and I realize it's all over once again.

The guys walk to all the corners of the stage and bow and laugh and wave. Then suddenly Don seems to be looking right at me as I'm waving my helmet cam in the air and points and throws back his head and laughs. I don't tell anyone because I'm sure I imagined it since we were 16 rows back. lol We get out to the car and my friend (who didn't dress up) says "Maleah....Don saw you." I'm shocked and say "you thought so too? :O " LOL

Notes on how the guys looked -

Timothy - looked great and full of energy! Of course in the 2nd half of the show he untucked his shirt, rolled up the sleeves, undid the tie, and unbuttoned a couple of the top shirt buttons

Glenn - looked great as well! If he was sick he certainly didn't show it as he was full of energy as well! He took off his coat and rolled up his sleeves as well.

Don - Don looked absolutely amazing! And I wasn't the only one who thought so or said so! lol His hair looked great, he smiled a lot, and seemed to be enjoying himself! He took off his jacket and loosened his tie for the 2nd half

Joe - Joe looked great as well! His hair has gotten really long! Like I've said all along, Joe seemed to be really feeling it tonight. He was very animated and vocal! He took off his coat as well for the 2nd half but didn't roll up his sleeves or loosen his tie.

It was a fantastic night and now I'm desperate for #3! It's an insatiable need! LOL They didn't stop me from taking pics all night (although they did keep telling people to sit down if they stood up and danced.....security that is...not the Eagles) so I have a bunch! Now that I've reviewed...I'm off to upload them and will be back to post them! Sorry I couldn't remember more details! Hope you've enjoyed!
    Last edited by Maleah; 03-17-2009 at 11:52 PM.