View Poll Results: Do you agree with the Eagles policy on standing at concerts?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's rude for people to stand when most folks are sitting - it blocks their view.

10 21.28%
  • No. I should be allowed to stand and dance whenever I want. That's part of the fun!

8 17.02%
  • Maybe. It depends on whether one of the few people standing is in front of me!

5 10.64%
  • I don't care. Whatever the Eagles want is cool with me. It's their show.

3 6.38%
  • I think the Eagles should just take it easy, let what happens happen, and not try to dictate when people can or cannot stand.

21 44.68%

Thread: Standing or Sitting?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Standing or Sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    The way I read this is that the band is not dictating the 'sit or stand' decision. They are letting the audience decide if they want to sit or stand - majority rules. I see nothing wrong with this and think it is actually the fairest way to decide the issue.
    I agree with Dreamer here, but I voted for the last choice. As I said in another thread, why is the band wanting to come off as the bad guys when they can just ask the venue to do the dirty work for them? Why ever let anyone know that it is the band's policy? I guess what I'm saying is that there are times when security should have to deal with someone who is not being respectful of the people around them, but why get the band involved? Their job is to perform. I'm afraid the Eagles are showing their age and acting like grumpy old men.

ETA: Soda, you had not yet posted when I started this. After posting I read yours, and of course you stated my feelings better than I did! Thanks!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 03-17-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.