Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
Understandable. Especially when you don't have the time or care to have so many bootlegs. For example, I love bootleg versions so much, I have 9 versions of Hotel California from different bootlegs spanning from the 70's till 90's in my phone. So I feel I have a great ear when it comes to this.

My first Eagles friends are even more experienced. They managed to pick out discrepancies to show the very shadiness of 1977 Capital Center.

Another thing is, you may have listened to studio first, but my first ever thing I listened to of the Eagles is Hotel from 1977 Capital Center. So ever since, I was a stickler to minor details. How perfect it is live, compared to other performances. How arrangement is changed, slightest variations are all things I listen to first. So, as a result, bootlegs with not the best quality are also in my phone. I detest them in studio so much, I don't even have one studio recording saved with me. Only live stuff is there.

I guess I really am weird lol.

You have knowledge that others haven't.

The problem with talking about bootleg versions is that those who have not heard them cannot join the discussion. At least we can all discuss the studio versions.