View Poll Results: Do you agree with the Eagles policy on standing at concerts?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's rude for people to stand when most folks are sitting - it blocks their view.

10 21.28%
  • No. I should be allowed to stand and dance whenever I want. That's part of the fun!

8 17.02%
  • Maybe. It depends on whether one of the few people standing is in front of me!

5 10.64%
  • I don't care. Whatever the Eagles want is cool with me. It's their show.

3 6.38%
  • I think the Eagles should just take it easy, let what happens happen, and not try to dictate when people can or cannot stand.

21 44.68%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Standing or Sitting?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Standing or Sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm just quoting my over-three-year-old post here to note how little has changed. On the first night in Atlantic City, security was telling people in the front section on my side (Tim's side) to sit down during the song Walk Away!!! Meanwhile, I could see people further down more towards Joe or a few rows back who were standing and dancing with no problem. I sat down obediently and just rocked out in my seat, but it felt rather lame.

The second night was better. However, sitting down during Hotel California because "majority rules" also felt pretty lame to me.
    During the Sunday concert, I thought it extremely lame when Timothy gestured for people to stand and they still sat. I know people enjoyed the concert, but come on, if I can stand and dance when hungover with three hours sleep and a bad knee, anyone can!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm just quoting my over-three-year-old post here to note how little has changed. On the first night in Atlantic City, security was telling people in the front section on my side (Tim's side) to sit down during the song Walk Away!!! Meanwhile, I could see people further down more towards Joe or a few rows back who were standing and dancing with no problem. I sat down obediently and just rocked out in my seat, but it felt rather lame.

The second night was better. However, sitting down during Hotel California because "majority rules" also felt pretty lame to me.
    I would rather stand than sit...sitting during an Eagles concert does feel "lame" to me! Yeah it's nuts to have security telling people "you have to sit down"...crazy!!!...with all the money people pay to go to these things...I sat a lot more on Saturday but the crowd around me was quiet and I felt stupid being standing,but I didn't like it...I had way more rowdy people around me on Sunday and we all stood way more...it was more fun! I don't mean bad rowdy, I mean good rowdy....fun and really into every song!...and standing and dancing to everything!!

This is the first time I have ever even HEARD of an actual POLICY regarding sitting or standing....When I heard about it, I just thought it was totally NUTS! I thought it was a JOKE or something, but I think if it was actually given to me, I may not have thought it was too funny!

I have been going to concerts since I'm about 13, and I'm in my 50's now, so that's a lot of concerts.

I think generally, it depends on the kind of artist you are seeing & the music. For example, if you are seeing Jackson Browne, James Taylor, or Crosby, Stills & Nash, you may be sitting for much of the concert, but even at these shows, when a high energy song is played, people will get up & dance. That is usually expected. At a full blown rock concert of say the Stones, or Aerosmith, people may be standing for a lot of the show. I am pretty short, so if people stand in front of me, it may be hard for me to see, but if I was standing & someone behind me asked me nicely to please sit, I probably would. I have been known to dance in my chair or sit on the edge of a chair, or even sit on a guys shoulders if I can't see.
    It really all depends on the show! The concert experience should be enjoyed by everyone & do what they want to do.

To be TOLD no standing would really put a damper on the experience for a lot of people. The Eagles do have some slow songs, that maybe some people would want to sit down to enjoy, but they also rock out & we should be able to stand if we want to. At the show I was at on Sun. night, I stood for most of the show & people around us were standing, but I may have sat down during a few songs, The whole POLICY thing with actual RULES is just way TOO MUCH!

Out on the Border

i am sitting

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

James, welcome to The Border! It's great to have you on board!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I like to stand during fast songs and sit during the slow ones. If nobody else is standing I don't stand even during fast ones though because that's awkward.
    ~Sara

Yeah, I feel awkward if I'm the only one standing. People also tend to get pissed off at you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I try not to stand much at any concert since now I normally go for front row. I stand up for my favorites and sit the rest of the time. Being 6'8 makes it tough.

As far as the Eagles sitting/standing - I'm not sure what I think about that.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I try not to stand much at any concert since now I normally go for front row. I stand up for my favorites and sit the rest of the time. Being 6'8 makes it tough.
    Like I've said before---stand all you want as long as you're behind me. You can still see over me.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Like I've said before---stand all you want as long as you're behind me. You can still see over me.
    Hehehehe... You mean you couldn't see over me?!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."