Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Columbia Review

Default Re: Columbia Review

Peek, those are great pictures with the roses! I can't believe Don missed out on his rose with you, too, just like he missed his roses with me! Bless his heart . I don't know when I can afford to see him again, but I will HAVE to make it up to him!

Maleah, I've always told myself that I would never call in unless I would absolutely have to....but this is one of those "have to" times isn't it?

I wonder what happened to your roses too, Brooke. Maybe someone in the Eagles crew got them backstage for you. Christie said she saw a crew member run over and pick up the rose that I threw that didn't make it on the stage. Maybe someone took them backstage for you.

DF, Don certainly deserves a make out...I mean make up for the roses from you and I both. I just gotta figure out when and where I can see them in concert again.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

From a blog, something nice again about Tim!!! Yay!!!!

http://orcaarrow.livejournal.com/30992.html

"On Tuesday Jen and I went to see the Eagles. I am so glad we got to go. Since Jen is an employee of the University of Missouri we got tickets at a reduced price. The concert was awesome. They've returned to the original, electric, version of Hotel California. I took years to adjust to the Hell Freezes Over album version. I've now gotten to the point where I like it. The concert was wonderful. They looked liked they were having a good time. I really enjoyed seeing Don Henley and Glen Fry play live. Joe Walsh was amazing. Although I'm convinced Joe has no idea where he is most of the time. I didn't know Timothy B Schmit before Tuesday, but he was excellent. I didn't realize that he contributed lead vocals on several of the Eagles tunes.

After the concert Jen and I stayed behind to let some of the traffic clear out. I was amazed at that small army that emerged to breakdown the stage and associated equipment (the media pit and hanging screens). The worst part of it was seeing all of the garbage that was left behind. I was really disappointed in the amount of detritus that was left for someone else behind for someone else to clean up."
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Maleah, I've always told myself that I would never call in unless I would absolutely have to....but this is one of those "have to" times isn't it?
    Yes, Yes, YES! lol I look at it this way......you can always make up for a day of work.......but if you miss an Eagles concert and this is the last tour....there is NO MAKING IT UP! EVER! Not that I'm trying to be the little devil on your shoulder......or am I? lol

I really, really, REALLY wish that a bunch of us could go and take up the first few rows at the same show. It would be so much fun! It was so much fun at the Fargo show because the 55 year old lady in front of me (25) and my best friend (20) and she kept turning around and singing the songs to us because she was so impressed that we knew more of the words than she did. LOL It was a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Yes, Yes, YES! lol I look at it this way......you can always make up for a day of work.......but if you miss an Eagles concert and this is the last tour....there is NO MAKING IT UP! EVER! Not that I'm trying to be the little devil on your shoulder......or am I? lol

Well, as of today, a few things have come up that i now need to save my money for. Reality has some bad timing when it comes to going to see the Eagles in concert. But, Maleah, with your encouragment i almost had myself talked into calling in and going this saturday. I was seriously close to doing it.

I think it would be the concert of all concerts if we were to all be at the same one!!! We would have soooo much fun!!! One of these days (or rather One Of These Nights) it will happen.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Oh well if something came up other than work then I totally understand

I really, really, REALLY wish that a bunch of us could go and take up the first few rows at the same show. It would be so much fun! It was so much fun at the Fargo show because the 55 year old lady in front of me (25) and my best friend (20) and she kept turning around and singing the songs to us because she was so impressed that we knew more of the words than she did. LOL It was a blast!
    Since there's a seating rule in place we'd probably get in lots of trouble cause I don't think they'd be able to keep us sitting for long periods of time. If at all.

I did this last year met up with some friends from another forum in Nashville one day and then Birmingham the next. It is so much fun travelling and meeting up with fellow rockers to see your favorite band play. And actually ending up in the same vicinity of seats makes it even more fun. I'm doing it again in August, but staying within FL state limits this time.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It was so much fun at the Fargo show because the 55 year old lady in front of me (25) and my best friend (20) and she kept turning around and singing the songs to us because she was so impressed that we knew more of the words than she did. LOL It was a blast!
    Too Funny!!! This kinda happened to me in Chicago. The woman behind me made a few comments about how I knew all the words to the songs so I must be a huge fan--My hubby confirmed that with a roll of the eyes to her. Finally toward the end of the concert, she tapped me on the shoulder and said she knew I was just to young to remember all these songs. She obviously had very bad eyesight!! I told her since I was 45, I remembered very well when all these songs came out. I'll hand it to her---she genuinely looked shocked!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

The guy next to me and I got the same thing from a couple behind us - "You're too young to be such huge fans!"

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LOL! Too funny guys. When we were walking into the Fargodome with our Joe outfits on, we struck up a convo with 3 ladies walking in beside us who must have been 45-55. My brother rolled his eyes and told them "I don't claim her. I don't have a clue who she is" and one of the ladies goes "oh well in that case you can sit with my friends and I'll sit with your sister and her friends! They look like they know how to have a good time!" The look on my brother's face was priceless!