Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis 3-22-09

Default Re: Indianapolis 3-22-09

Aw, thanks so much for the review, Soda - I felt like I was there (and you made me chuckle more than once.) What great seats you had. That's hilarious about the guy yelling "Rocky Mountain High"

I'm glad the guys seem back to full health and that they were in good spirits. I love the idea of the camel picture! On a shallow note... Yay for Don's longer hair! He really does look great at the moment.

I hope BBF makes a comeback.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oooh, oooh, oooh! Thanks for the great review Soda! And can't wait to hear more of yours Pm.

I'm sorry to hear they have cut BBF. It's a great song and Don sounds so good on it. I wonder why?

Cool that you got RMW in the encore. I would have loved to have heard it.

I am bummed about their 'when to sit and stand policy'. It's as if the concert goers are little kids and have to be told. Good grief.

Glad you all had a good time.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Soda--once again you have held me spellbound with your review (twice today!). It sounded as great as usual and it's fantastic that everyone seems to be back in full form again. Glad Timothy got some lovin' from the crowd last night. It sounds as if you or the crowd should be writing the reviews for Timothy other than some of the "critics" and "reviewers" that we have been seeing reviews from. I still think it's pretty cool that they have changed it up a bit but hate to see anything get eliminated from the set list. Maybe they are just "playing" with it right now trying to check out fan reaction. Who knows what the mind set might be.

One thing I need to say, not to harp on it or anything , but I still hate it that we have to be reminded of when to stand and sit at a ROCK CONCERT and I think it's a shame that you have to be thinking about it off and on all night as to not provoke the wrath of an Eagle!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

TBF - I almost forgot - at one point in the concert, Timothy came over to Joe's mic to sing, so he was right in front of me! I took that opportunity to blow him a kiss for you.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I am afraid that I can't emphasize enough what a difference it made being this close. We enjoyed the Chicago show when we were in row twenty, but that experience "couldn't hold a candle" to this up close, more personal viewpoint. And we paid the same price for these tickets, so the lesson here is to be patient, and more likely than not about two weeks before the show some good close tickets will become available.

Anyway, about 10 after 8:00 the lights went down, the crowd roared and the Eagles came on stage! Even in the dark we could clearly make out Timothy, Glenn, Don and Joe. The stage lights came on simultaneously to the beginning chords of How Long. The crowd jumped up but by the third line of the song everybody looked around self-consciously and sat back down.

The guys looked great. Glenn was wearing a dark suit with a white shirt, and Don was wearing a dark...okay, you get my drift. Again, they were so close - they were right there! How exciting it was to watch their every nuance, see their eyes move as they performed. Would they look my way? Would there be contact? We were so close anything seemed possible!

After How Long we saw Don leave the front of the stage and knew that there would be no BBF . Glenn did his welcome and explained that Timothy would be doing a song off their latest album and then it would be Joe's turn. The whole time Glenn talked he kept his eyes closed. I was aware that he often closed his eyes while he sang, but I didn't know he did it while he talked, too! The only time I noticed Glenn's eyes open was when he was away from the microphone. Anyway, Timothy was in fine form and did a great job on IDWTHA. And Joe? I was praying that Joe would be lively and fun (he wasn't so much in Chicago), and he was! All night long he was joking around and smiling and having lots of fun. He did some minor vocal fluctuations on GOTC, which is always pleasant to hear him do on his songs.

For Hotel California everybody jumped to their feet. Again, same as in Chicago, there were times during the song that I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It just doesn't get any better than that, IMO.

Peaceful Easy Feeling - As noted above, Glenn kept his eyes closed the whole time. This is one of if not my favorite Eagles' song and I really enjoyed soaking up the warmth of it. Hubby thought Glenn's vocals sounded like he was struggling just a bit.

I Can't Tell You Why - I can't tell you how great is was to hear Timothy nail this song - his vocals seemed a little strained in Chicago. Not in Indy - he was at the top of his game. Very nice guitar solo at the end by Steuart. Loved it!

Stay tuned!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks for the great reviews Soda and PM!
    I like RMW,too, nicely that it was played!
    Nice to hear you had a good Time!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

PM-your review is cracking me up--"dark suits and white shirts" and "The crowd jumped up but by the third line of the song everybody looked around self-consciously and sat back down." That's why you and I get along ---can we say sarcastic? Very glad you had such a great view and great time! Did you take any pictures?

Soda--Thank You very much for doing that for me. Did he say he missed me?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Okay, here's where it gets juicy! There were two couples sitting in front of Hubby and me. One of the couples arrived during the second song, therefore missing 'the rules'. One of the women was a beautiful blonde and got plenty of notices by Joe and Timothy. They kept looking her way the whole night. As soon as Witchy Woman started these two women were on their feet dancing and immediately out comes the sheriff! He stands right in front of them with his hands in a praying position imploring them to please sit down. The woman who arrived late said, "You've got to be kidding me!" as he went away. She continued to stay on her feet and he immediately came over again making the same gesture. She then made her own gesture toward him and stormed out! Her husband kept looking in the direction in which she had gone, but made no attempt to go after her. All the while, I'm missing much of WW, due to these distractions! She did not return until after the intermission. More about her later.

I read Soda's review before posting this segment, and during the intro to Lyin' Eyes I thought Glenn said they wrote it in two cities, not two shows. Anyway, I wish Glenn would open his eyes. Look at your fans, Glenn - we love you! We want you to see us sending love your way! Open your eyes, Man, open your eyes! BTW, I think Glenn looks very tired tonight, but maybe it's just because his eyes are closed!

Boys Of Summer - Oh no, this is a tough one- sit or stand? It starts out kind of calm, but then gets to rockin'. Everybody's confused as to what to do. Don sounds great tonight. And you know what? Of all the guys I think he looks the best tonight, too!

In The City - Oh boy, my second favorite song of Joe's. He rocked it. No doubt now - everybody's on their feet! BTW, looks like Mo's feeding Joe well. And the hair is long, but manageable! He's having a blast up there tonight. With the others you just can't always tell.

The Long Run - As Soda mentioned, during the part of the song where Don walks over to Joe, puts his arm around him and sings, "Couldn't hold a candle to you", he walked over to Joe as usual, but Joe pulls out a picture of a camel and holds it up next to Don! Don, I guess he can't hold a candle to you, but he can hold a camel to you! Don picked the picture up on his way offstage for intermission and just shook his head and laughed.

[Intermission]
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Fabulous review - I felt like I'd been there myself. Great job.

Great Review!