Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis 3-22-09

Default Re: Indianapolis 3-22-09

Even though the pretty blonde stayed when her dancing partner stormed out, she remained seated and sedate for the rest of the 1st half, sending a message to the band. I think she was just tentative like the rest of us, not sure what to do.

No More Walks In the Wood and Waiting In the Weeds were beautiful, of course, though I have to admit this is my least favorite part of the show. No More Cloudy Days was perfect and the sax ending is awesome.

Timothy says hello just as Soda posted and did an amazing job on Love Will Keep us Alive. He seems healthy, looks good, just seems a little subdued to me. I think they're trying to keep up the energy at every show, but it must get so repetitious. He's still the same gracious Timothy.

Take it to the Limit - Soda, I know this is your favorite. I saw you down there rockin' to it! I love it too. We are giving them standing ovations, almost to every song, but hey, how else are we going to show them we liked it? Can't stand during them!

Long Road Out of Eden- Ding ding ding!!! I finally got it!!! This is a great song, especially live. Very moving and great guitars. I never appreciated it until last night.

At this point the woman who has stormed out is back (and pretty drunk). She is not standing up even when everybody else is on their feet, and while seated she has both hands held high flipping the bird to the band! Hubby told me that at one point Glenn looked at her like this , as if to say, "Why? Why are you doing that?" Poor Glenn, he didn't have a clue!

Somebody was great - I love Glenn's growling vocals. (Eyes are still shut though!)

Walk Away - my all time favorite Joe song (just in case you guys didn't know it!) Everybody's on their feet again!

One of These Nights - I like this song and really appreciated Don's falsetto in Chicago. Unfortunately the Eagles policy broke down a bit here and I was left sitting behind the guy standing in front of me. He was the only person standing, but didn't remember to look around and check first!

Band intro applause seemed evenly distributed this time and otherwise remained the same as Chicago, except for Glenn singing two lines of My Girl!

Life's Been Good - Okay, the drunk lady's boycott is over - she's on her feet, just in time for the hat cam! I ended up just blowing kisses to Joe while the cam was on us, but honestly, I didn't see myself anyway! And he didn't see me either!

Dirty Laundry got a great reception - it's a great song!

Funk #49 - Not one of my favorite Joe songs but hey, am I going to complain?

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of Cathy's Eagles Review!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    At this point the woman who has stormed out is back (and pretty drunk). She is not standing up even when everybody else is on their feet, and while seated she has both hands held high flipping the bird to the band! Hubby told me that at one point Glenn looked at her like this , as if to say, "Why? Why are you doing that?" Poor Glenn, he didn't have a clue!
    I'm sorry, but this cracked me up. I know drunk/obnoxious people can completely ruin a show for everyone, but it's also very, very funny to read. The idea of poor Glenn not having a clue what was going on (because he had his eyes closed?) is hilarious.

It sounds like quite an eventful evening. Can't wait to read the next part, Cathy!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Heartache Tonight - As soon as I hear the beginning of this song I have that happy yet sad feeling. Happy because I love it but sad because I know it's the beginning of the end . Glenn sounds great on lead vocal.

Life In the Fast Lane - one of Hubby's favorites. I love it too. Every time I hear the intro I think of the 60 Minutes(?) interview and Glenn's 'interpretation' of Joe's now famous guitar lick.
    Dittlelittlele-dittlelittlele-dittlelittlele-dittlele.

Okay, they wave a quick goodbye because at this point we all know they'll be back, right? Hubby and I are explaining to our concert neighbors that they used to do two encores but recently have cut back to one. Then we see the roadie put Joe's talk box on his mic and hey, maybe we'll get two after all! Ah, they tricked us! We get one encore but three songs! Take It Easy (quintessential Eagles), Rocky Mountain Way and Desperado. The crowd roars its applause as the lights come up and three of the four Eagles are center stage with their arms around each other. But where's Glenn? He's over on stage right (our left) with one arm in his jacket and one arm out! With a comical look as if he's thinking, "Oh no, don't bow without me!", he comically runs to the center stage and joins his bandmates. After all, it takes all four of them to make up The Eagles.

Honestly, this is the most confusing concert I've ever been to. You really didn't know whether to stand up or not. That being said, the band had no involvment with 'the policy', neither speaking about it or enforcing it at any time, which is the way it should be. Just play, Eagles, but don't get upset when we get into the music. After all, that's what it's all about.

The End
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Lou, I had the same reaction as you-poor Glenn didn't know what was going on with that woman flipping the band the bird, as he had his eyes closed! I was getting a big charge out to that!
    However, why does Glenn keep his eyes closed while he's talking to the audience? That kinda has me concerned. When I saw the band in November, I remember him closing them while he sang, but not while he was speaking. I hope everything's ok.
    By the way, kudos to PM and Soda for fantastic reviews!!

Great reviews, you two! I have to say, PM, I was cracking up from the moment you mentioned Those Shoes on your way into the venue. What was up with that? And then your pleading with Glenn to open his eyes...who knew he kept them closed that much? Only those lucky few closer than row 7 (or with better eyesight.)

And Soda, do you think that was a tour premiere of the camel? Kinda like my Worcester show where Joe pulled out the wacky glasses on Lyin' Eyes? I have to say, even though I too acknowledged at the time that Worcester was probably my last Eagles show this tour, I felt a pang of sorrow when I read of this being your last show. You didn't mention any Glenn contact! I guess maybe because his eyes were closed?!

And what is up with dropping BBF? Of all the new album songs to drop, this is one that even the most casual fan might actually know; therefore it might be one to keep on the set list for that reason alone. Oh well, I guess we'll have to hear from other Borderers to see if it makes a comeback. How ridiculous!

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Tim came back out and said "It's my turn to say hello to you, Indianapolis!" He gave a shout-out to the folks in the back and on the sides, to great cheers, and then thanked us for coming out on a school night. Poor guy thought it was Monday, I guess!
    It's got nothing to do with what you did that day, but what you have to do the next day. Sunday night is a school night because most people have to be at school/work the next day. Conversely, Friday night is not considered a school night.
    Last edited by tbsfan; 03-23-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Geez no wonder Glenn kept his eyes closed if he was getting flipped off!

Those were great reviews guys! I felt like i relived so much of mine! LOL I can hardly bear the thought of never seeing them again though! When they come back to the US and tour the western part........I don't care if I have to sell my car....(ok maybe I do but for the effect....).......I AM going to another show! I don't know WHEN.....I don't know WHERE....but I am THERE! And yes....that was an intentional rhyme. However! I may have to be a little more patient in getting tickets if you guys wound up with 2nd row! Holy crap!

Border Desperado

Oh man, I hope they don't drop BBF for good, that would be a shame.

I'm glad you had a great time Soda and PM! You are both so thorough with your reviews, I felt like I could have been there. Like Maleah said, I HAVE to see them again. But I just don't know if my mind could take the pressure of waiting until two weeks before the show to get tickets. My luck, I would wait 'til then, only to find absolutely nothing and have to actually sell my car... That or I'm gonna have to find myself a nice, rich sugar-daddy who wants to fund my Eagles-escapades

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the reviews. However, I have seen plenty of photos of Glenn talking where his eyes are open.

True, FP, but last night he kept his eyes closed. I noticed it, too, as well as the tiredness. Made it more palatable that he never met my eyes, since he almost never opened them.

ETA: PM, now that you mention it, I think it was indeed cities, not shows. My brain just was stuck on touring - cities=shows. And tbsfan - I also see your point about Sunday being a school night after all.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten