Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What song do you most look forward to hearing on the LROOE tour?

Default What song do you most look forward to hearing on the LROOE tour?

I thought this could be interesting since it can be answered by those who have seen them during this tour and those who have not yet. Might be fun!

I'm going to think about it for awhile...

BTW. here's the set list - that might help!

[Set 1]
    How Long
    *Busy Being Fabulous
    I Don't Want to Hear Any More
    Guilty of the Crime
    Hotel California
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Witchy Woman
    Lyin' Eyes
    Boys of Summer
    In the City
    The Long Run

[Intermission]

[Set 2]
    No More Walks in the Wood
    Waiting in the Weeds
    No More Cloudy Days
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Take It to the Limit
    Long Road Out of Eden
    Somebody
    Walk Away
    One of These Nights

[Band Intros]

Life's Been Good
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk #49
    Heartache Tonight
    Life in the Fast Lane

[Encore 1]*
    Rocky Mountain Way
    All She Wants to Do Is Dance

[Encore 2]
    Take It Easy
    Desperado

*First encore is frequently dropped during recent shows.
    *BBF has been dropped in recent shows.

Last edited by Prettymaid; 03-24-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: What song do you most look forward to hearing on the LROOE tour?

Good topic!

Before I saw a show, it was Somebody, since it was something new.

But the old standby that I look forward to every time is Take It to the Limit. There's just something about that song!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I can tell you right now, as I haven't seen the tour. In order the songs I am most looking forward to seeing are:

Somebody
    Long Road Out Of Eden
    Waiting In The Weeds
    No More Walks In The Wood
    How Long

But the other songs I will most anticipate are the following:

Peaceful Easy Feeling
    No More Cloudy Days
    Heartache Tonight
    Take It Easy

And yes, it is biased, but when you have to wait five years you tend to concentrate your mind somewhat. I know I wll enjoy the majority of the songs.

Oh I see... you want it narrowed down to one? In that case, as there is no more New Kid In Town, it is Heartache Tonight.

Oooo that's a toughy. Of the NEW songs I look forward to hearing "Waiting In The Weeds," Long Road Out Of Eden," and "Somebody"......but if I had to narrow it down to just ONE of those I would say "Long Road Out Of Eden" because it's so suspenseful live! It just builds and builds until Don's voice rises and Joe takes over with the solo. I LOVE it live!

BUT...catch me on a different day and I'll say "Waiting In The Weeds" because it's so beautiful and "Somebody" because I love Glenn's vocals and Don/Tim's background vocals.

Of the oldies......I know I stand alone on the board........but me and my best friend ALWAYS love "The Long Run!" It's just SUCH a fun song and I love how Don takes center stage and changes it up a bit with the vocals on it. It's the one song that he cuts loose and lets his personality show a bit.

I can for SURE tell you what song I LEAST look forward to hearing! Desperado!!!! LOL

Before you freak out.........that's only because I know we must part....otherwise it would be my favorite

I am glad about every song I will hear!

However, mostly I am glad about Somebody (I love this Song), Long Road Out of Eden,
    No More Walks in the Wood, Witchy Woman, How Long, Heartache Tonight and Life's Been Good!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

No question...Waiting in the Weeds! As far as an 'oldie but goodie'--Take it Easy.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

ALL OF THEM!!!

Ok I know that's what everyone would answer and it's not fair so I would have to say of the new songs it is definitely Waiting In The Weeds and of the oldies it is I Can't Tell You Why.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Okay, you guys, very sneaky of you to change the thread to favorite old and favorite new, but that is not the question!

The question is (no cheating) which song do you most look forward to hearing live on this tour?

I have thought about it and I'm going to have to go with the very cliche answer Hotel California. Yes, I know I heard it to death on the radio back in the day and I know there are some other very good songs, but for me, when I'm there and I hear the opening (guitar), that's it. As I said in both of my reviews (Chicago and Indy), it's as if I've died and gone to heaven. I just let the song wash over me and it's an experience like no other.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ok, only 1? Darn!

My most anticipated song to hear was Waiting In The Weeds. I just think it's so beautiful. It was kind of blurry for me to remember it in St. Louis, so I really paid attention to it in Columbia. It was as wonderful as I thought it was! Took my breath away!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

OK, OK, PM.... Waiting in the Weeds, then! Happy now?!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...