Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What song do you most look forward to hearing on the LROOE tour?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: What song do you most look forward to hearing on the LROOE tour?

Geesh PM---You are awfully pushy!!! Ok ---I'm with Brooke & EV--Waiting In The Weeds it is then!!! (I just heard this in the car a few minutes ago--see Addicted thread--and I almost cry still every time I hear it-I was a basket case the first time I heard it live!!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

The very first time I heard WITW in concert was before I owned the CD. I was up in Timbuktu nosebleed section, so all I could tell then was that I liked the song...but the full meaning didn't hit me till I heard it at home on the CD player. That's when I cried. I was able to play it enough times afterwards so I could hold my composure by the time of my next concert 6 months later. But I was so full of anticipation to really listen to it, and see who played and sang which parts (other than the obvious Don lead.)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

EV-- I guess I wasn't paying very close attention this morning! HELLO!!~~~ Your signature is gorgeous!!! And the subject of this discussion is very prevalent there!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

The problem for me is that the answer isn't always the same! It's different now than it was in November.

But, initially, before I saw my first LROOE show in Chicago, I was most anticipating seeing "Somebody." I'll stick with that as my answer.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - this is really hard for me. I had to give this a lot of thought because many of you know how much I love all these songs. However, if I can only pick one, I have to echo PM's sentiments here - it would have to be Hotel California. Everytime I hear this song live, it literally gives me chills and has a very emotional effect on me. I guess it is the significance of the song that makes me have to fight back the tears. Each time they play this song, that is when it hits me how privileged I am to be there to hear one of the greatest rock 'n roll songs ever being played by one of the greatest bands ever. I can't imagine ever going to an Eagles concert and not hearing it. I have to say though a VERY close runner up for all the same reasons is Take It Easy.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 03-25-2009 at 12:33 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Fine fine fine.....if you're going to crack the whip then I'm going to completely change my answer.

I've actually been thinking more and more about this and I think I'm going to have to agree with PM and dreamer........EVERYONE in the building is pretty much anticipating Hotel California.....and when it begins there's just nothing like it in the world! A roar goes up amongst the crowd and electricity fills the air. And as you stand in awe with the goosebumps running up and down your arms as you listen to Don begin to sing....you realize the entire auditorium is singing with him. It's quite amazing and therefore I must agree and change my answer to "Hotel California."

Only one song? This is difficult, more to call was easier!
    OK then I decide on Somebody, this was immediately one of my favorites songs from LROOE!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Absolutely no question for me: Waiting in the Weeds. It is gorgeous.

Stuck on the Border

OK, well, as I have not yet seen the tour, the song I am most anticipating seeing is Somebody, even though it is almost a dead heat with LROOE itself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

OK, I just saw this thread now and its title and before I read anyone's preferences I had my mind made up. Without a doubt......SOMEBODY......
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP