Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbus, Ohio show

Default Columbus, Ohio show

Hey everyone - just popping by to let you know that the boys delivered again last night! I was hesitant about spending the money to see this show for the THIRD time - but, alas - we do what we have to do...

Despite the fact that I had about 4 hours sleep before coming to work this morning - the boys did NOT disappoint!! Since I've seen this show before, I could predict what they would say at each interval between songs - but I found it amusing when people around me laughed when hearing Glen's sense of humor for the first time.

Our seats were five rows off the floor in the first section - on Timothy's side. I'm happy to say that my daughter gave me a class on "Using My Camera 101" - and I was able to get what I think are some really good shots. I have an especially great shot of Timothy .... for all you fans of the Tendor Tenor... Now if I can only figure out how to get them from my computer file to this website..... any help out there???

Speaking of Timothy - I couldn't help but wonder if something was wrong with him. I told my husband "Doesn't he looked like he's pissed off or something? Either that or he doesn't feel well....." My husband said "he's probably just really, really tired... how long have they been on this tour anyway?!"

Glen was incredibly handsome and charming as usual..... Don was fabulous - as always..... and Joe - was Joe.... such a performer!!!! I believe he truly loves being up on that stage! I can't help but smile to think of everytime he hit high notes, he went up on his toes! LOL

It appears the set list was the exact same as in Kansas City....no disappointments there either.

I hope to download the pics from my camera tonite and with some help *hint hint* I'll get them to this site ASAP.

I told my husband "well - this is probably the last time you'll have to take me to see these guys.... I think they are heading to Europe soon." He said "you never know....maybe we'll have to take a trip to Europe" haha - that's a looonnnggg road out of Ohio......

Later,
    Kim

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Columbus, Ohio show

Thanks Kim for the excellent review and glad you enjoyed yourself. Sounds like you have hubby well-trained, too. I guess the guys are pretty tired at this point, and looking forward to their well-deserved break. Just wondering if Rocky Mountain Way was included in the encore because it wasn't included in the setlist for the Kansas City review that Koala posted. I didn't know if it was left out or was it an oversight on the reviewer's part?

Also, to post photos, you need to set up an account on an image-hosting site such as Photobucket. Then, you upload your photos to that site. Once the pics are uploaded, then you can link from that site to The Border. It sounds confusing at first, but it's not so bad once you get the hang of it. Here is a link for more detailed information, but we'll be glad to help if you have any questions.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1427
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 03-30-2009 at 10:57 AM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Hey Kim, glad to hear you had a great time and got some pics--HUUURRRRY and figure out how to get them on here--can't wait to see the Tim one!!!

And here we go again about Timothy not looking good or not feeling well!! I hope the reviewer are kind to him if this is the case (but as history shows, I doubt they will be!) My poor baby!!! I just hope that he doesn't exhaust himself even more during April when he should be resting, by putting the finishing touches on the album. As much as I want it done, I don't want him to get to worn down. He needs to be in top form when they get to Europe!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

YAY Kim! cant wait to see the pics! I'm glad you made it a third time, after all, this may be the last tour they do! If I could manage it, I'd hit every west coast show I could get to! (Assuming they WILL be coming here) I need to sell a kidney or something..

Yes they did play Rocky Mountain Way - and Joe was fabulous! I also really loved when they all rocked out on Funk #49 (oh Willie - I also got a good shot of Timothy on that one - he was bent down and flipped his hair back so his hair is flying!)

Thanks Dreamer for the uploading advice!! I will try my best to work on that this evening when I get off work.

I haven't been on here for awhile - so what's up with Timothy? Has he been getting bad reviews? He didn't look happy - BUT - he was still incredible.... I could listen to him sing all night long! And what's the new album? Another one??? sorry - guess I'm out of the loop!!!

Oh Kim---you tease you---"hair flying..." OMG!!!! I can't wait to see!!!

Yeah his reviews haven't been real good lately. A lot being said more about his appearance than he singing! If you get a chance to read some of them-you will be disgusted at some of the reviews the guys have gotten, mostly before the March shows. A couple went so far as to say Timothy looked like the "crypt keeper" and one actually called him "cadaverous like". It's sickening!!

He's working on putting his final touches on his new album. See his official sight and new diary entry for a few more details.

http://www.timothybschmit.com/
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 03-30-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...ew_eagles.html
    I hope I have this in the right place.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

TBF, I adore TBS, but I have to tell ya, the Crypt Keeper cracks me up! I can totally see him as a character on Tales from the Crypt. You have to admit, he appears to have lost some more weight! He is so so thin. I like his face a little fuller. However, I'm sure this tour is kicking his butt. Hopefully a month rest will do him good. As least he can work at his own pace on his solo stuff.

I can't wait for pics tonight! Chaleymom, I just went through the whole picture issue. What I did was use photobucket. Then, just choose the third choice, which I think is something like, "display image", copy that code and paste here. I'm anxiously awaiting them!

Nice to hear you had a good time! Thanks for the review and I cant wait to see the photos!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...ew_eagles.html
    I hope I have this in the right place.
    AZ -thanks for posting this! A couple things here stand out at me...

"The three-hour set was chock-full of hits - aisle-standing, fist-pumping smashes - that often sounded designed to keep the paying customers satisfied."

What? They STOOD in the aisle? Oh my---I hope they weren't reprimanded to badly!

" Hotel California, potentially a seething jam vehicle, was delivered to the letter to a fault, with Joe Walsh nearly duplicating the tune's guitar solo note for note."

Huh?