Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Columbus, Ohio show

Default Re: Columbus, Ohio show

I'm not sure why the concert gods always have to screw with me...they are cruel and kind, sometimes within moments of each other. I had JWFC tix for this show. So you know the drill-not knowing where you'll sit and that walk of anticipation to the will-call office to discover your fate. I got up to the window to be told by the little boy back there that I wasn't on any computer or list...no tickets. Sorry. Out of luck. I tried to explain my fc situation, but they just kept trying to direct me to VIP places, but I knew I wasn't that. Finally along came an Angel named Caroline . I was getting pretty uptight, it was already 7:30. Angel C gave me a big hug, and told me to follow close-she would take care of everything. After many calls and ushering us to every will call window in the place, at 7:55 we ended up back at the original window to the sheepish young man I originally talked to, who was very red-faced and apologetic. He dangled my tickets in the air and said "Well, this'll make it worth it! Second Row!!". HOLY CRAP!! Not only 2nd row, but directly in front of JOE!! YEE HAH!! I felt like I'd been on a roller coaster and the show hadn't even started yet. I cannot tell you what relief I felt!!

As much as I enjoyed my m&g, this might show might even top that. For 3 hours, I had Joe 15 feet from me, singing, playing. And it was all just for me. The other 15,000 folks just lucked out that I shared him. We had some great eye contact. I jumped up and gave a big WOOHOO at the opening chord of Walk Away. He came to the edge of the stage, leaned down and started jammin', looking at ME with that squinty eyed, screwed up mouth look of concentration that I love. I was simultaneously freaked out and in heaven, being that close is almost too much to handle.....<s>
    Great show, of course. All the guys seemed giddy with the "Last Show" excitement, and it made for a great performance. I may never see the Eagles again, but I sure have once-in-a-lifetime memories!! Thanks Joe, Eagles, angels, concert buddas, even that little jerk behind the window...I'm forever in your debt.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Deb, once again what a great storyteller you are! I was on the edge of my seat- will she get in or not? So happy for you that you got some eye contact from Joe!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Ok guys - how about some more pics! (oh and did I say how badly I'm suffering from PEW!??)

keep em coming..

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by chaleymom View Post
    chaleymom- I'm so glad you had a wonderful concert experience! The pictures turned out great. But I do seem to be partial to this and the other Timothy shots

It's always sad when you hear about one of the guys' lookin' down (especially when I hear it is Timothy ). They truly give 100% at these concerts. I hope Timothy gets some time to rest up and focus on himself while on break.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Kim--you have once again made my morning for the 2nd morning in a row!
    You were very right ---I LOVE that Timmy picture with the flying hair!!! What a great shot you got there!!! THANK YOU!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Deb, WOW!! so the tickets you got, were they FC tickets? or something the venue came up with to replace the FC tickets? Im really debating whether to buy the FC tickets or try a Soda to get something better. (well once they decide to come to the Pac NW)

CM ~ Wow!! what great pics!!! thanks for those! That one of Tim is incredible!

Wow, excellent pictures!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Deb, WOW!! so the tickets you got, were they FC tickets? or something the venue came up with to replace the FC tickets? Im really debating whether to buy the FC tickets or try a Soda to get something better. (well once they decide to come to the Pac NW)
    Yep, they were my original fc tix, there all the time and finally found. If you get fc tix and something like this happens to you, remember - they may need to hunt for them. This was so nerve wracking even when I knew I had tix, I don't know if I'd have the guts to do a soda! I didn't really check but at all 3 shows I did, more folks were looking for tix than selling. Maybe to do the ol' resale, but i don't know.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Out on the Border

Hey everybody, I was looking for a place to share my recent concert experience in Columbus Ohio and I found this wonderful forum!

well I went to the columbus show and it was my first Eagles concert! It was utterly amazing!! they were so great and entertaining. I never wanted it to end!!! (and felt a sense of depression the whole week afterwards) lol

I didn't have the best seats as some others here, lol but it didn't matter I still enjoyed it! I didn't take pics, bc it wouldn't benefit much from where I was sitting but I recorded tons of videos on my cell phone, which I am planning to upload to youtube soon (if anyone's interested in that) they are just little snippets, but still it's the Eagles afterall!! hehe

just wanted to share! I have always been an Eagles fan (and fan of classic rock) in general but I can now officially say they are my favorite band EVER!!!!