Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi From Indiana

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Hi From Indiana

PM thanks for posting. That is why they call that God's Country. Like I said, I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would leave there to come back to Indiana like Larry did. His brother's was out in Colorado Springs at the time with his family (he was teaching at the Air Force Academy). They then were transfered to Tunisia Africa then to Washington DC. Always said when he retired from the Air Force he would go back to Colorado. He retired 6 years ago as a colonel and instead settled in Illinois. What? Of course he is now in Egypt for another 2 years. I tell Larry all the time-that I want us to retire to a mountain cabin on a lake or river so I can wake up every morning, take my book, my coke, my dog and a fishing pole and stay on the bank till sundown. I was amazed the first time he took me out there! Breathtaking!! I can dream of it can't I?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

It is breathtaking, TBF and you reminded me of a story. Although I was born and raised here in Central Illinois, I lived in Pennsylvania near the Pocono Mountains (very pretty country) from 1988 to 1996. While I was out there, whenever I met anybody and they learned that I had moved there from Illinois they would always wrinkle their nose and ask me ,"Why did you want to move here?". I guess if you're used to it you can take the beauty for granted!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Hi Tonja, Welcome aboard the Border! Good luck with life's transitions! And thanks for the name's explanation...I was wondering as well.

PM, great pix! I've heard alot about Red Rocks from my hubby, who was at Univ of Colo at Denver for grad school (before I knew him)...guess he saw lots of good concerts there. I did get out to CO on vacation probably about 1990 or so, in winter for skiing and sightseeing, and loved it! Need to get back again with the kids.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Thank you very much! I do indeed fell SO welcome here! What a great place to stop by everyday!

I'm late to the party, but I wanted to add my welcome too! Glad to have you here, Tonja. Post often!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

thnks very much! This has become my daily caffine shot - so to speak...lol...