Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

Talking Re: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Thanks for posting that---wonderful!!!

Hey Carol--we need you for April 22nd also!! Take that camera of yours and document it for us so we don't have to wait to see if they release the footage!!!
    I'm looking into it as we speak. Seems as if Poco is doing 2 nights (April 21st/22nd) at a saloon called the Maverick (a bar) and a show on April 23rd at the Clark Center all in Santa Ynez. The rehearsal, sans show, on April 22nd is going to be filmed from what I understand. Will let you know. Thanks all for the heads up-again I would have missed the events entirely.

Anyway, I'm exhausted right now as I went to see Bruce Springsteen last night and had to go to work on three hours sleep. The concert was super and the buzz was "Where's Patty?" A no-show for both L.A. dates. Is the rumor true? Bruce say it ain't so! Seems they would have made some announcement if she were sick and not,perhaps, a woman scorned. We will see. Mike Ness from Social Distortion sat in on a couple songs, as did Max Weinberg's son (also a drummer like his dad), and they rocked the Sports Arena. I love L.A.

Chow for Now!
    CaCrol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNOw

Border Desperado

Default Re: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Anyway, I'm exhausted right now as I went to see Bruce Springsteen last night and had to go to work on three hours sleep. The concert was super and the buzz was "Where's Patty?" A no-show for both L.A. dates. Is the rumor true? Bruce say it ain't so! Seems they would have made some announcement if she were sick and not,perhaps, a woman scorned. We will see.
    I saw him in August when Patty wasn't there either, so that's probably not an unusual thing. With three kids at home she could have been back in Jersey on Mom duty.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Even though I won't be there, only one more day until they play Maverick! Tomorrow at 7:30 Cali time I'll be with them in spirit. I'll be scouring youtube for some videos from Maverick and the Clark Center... then only five days left until Stagecoach... Oh Carol7Lynn, I'm going to need to live vicariously through you! I can't believe how excited I am and I'm not even going!

Red face Re: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

The Maverick is sold out for tomorrow night. WhooHoo.

PocoNuts on Poco's web-board, said that TimmothyB is not going to play at Arroyo Grande on Thursday night after all. But we will see what we will see. Either way both venues are too far a drive for me-3 to 4 hrs. Two hrs is the most I'll drive to see anyone.

So the best I can do is Indio folks! But I will be there. My ticket came yesterday! Now everyone just pray the temp stays under a hundred. Right now it is over a hundred in Indio-I live 90 miles west of Indio and it is ninety-seven right now! Yikes! It is supposed to cool off starting tomorrow and hopefully it will only hit about ninety on Sunday! At least the stage is indoors under a tent so I won't get heat stroke.

Last Friday, night Sir Paul played for 3 1/2 hrs at Coachella which uses the same grounds as StageCoach. That has to be a record! Hope some of the old Macca Magic is still in the air-waves when Poco hits the stage.

Chow Bella!
    Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Patti had an accident falling off her horse recently, after Easter, and was evaluated at a hospital down the shore. I imagine they told her to rest up.

Bruce has been grooming Jay (Weinberg) to fill in for his dad at those concerts where Max cannot break free from The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian. Although Conan has been very understanding during previous tours-- because he has the new show/time slot/location, there apparently will be a few concerts (mainly in Europe) that Max will have to miss so he can be on the set with Conan. Jay apparently is a quick learn, and is pretty talented (and lucky!) for his mere 19 years!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Ekkk! I was just surfing the Poco board... and according to George (who I believe to be their current drummer) said Timothy won't be playing bass tonight at Maverick due to a dog bite his hand is bandaged up! However, he did say he was singing on quite a few songs.

I wonder what this means for Stagecoach!

Poor Timothy!

Border Desperado

I just read that too, LTL. How unfortunate! I hope he is okay... I would imagine, unless something serious happens, that he would still sing at Stagecoach. (You are correct about George)

Quote Originally Posted by melrose View Post
    I just read that too, LTL. How unfortunate! I hope he is okay... I would imagine, unless something serious happens, that he would still sing at Stagecoach. (You are correct about George)
    I should have clarified... I meant to say, I wonder if he'll play bass on Sunday. You know, I'm greedy... I wan't it all! Funny, since I won't be there... but I'm really, really counting on some bootleg footage getting out. (Fingers crossed!)

Ooh, LTLH, I see you've opted for the double-header for your av...very nice!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Talking Re: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Ekkk! I was just surfing the Poco board... and according to George (who I believe to be their current drummer) said Timothy won't be playing bass tonight at Maverick due to a dog bite his hand is bandaged up! However, he did say he was singing on quite a few songs.

I wonder what this means for Stagecoach!

Poor Timothy!
    A couple of fans reported on Poco's board, Tim sang all night last night at the Maverick after a couple hours of rehearsal so that is a good sign that he'll be doing the same thing at StageCoach. As long as he's on the stage Sunday night, I'm good. The weather is really cooperating and they predict the desert will only get up to 82 degrees. Thank you God! I bought a cowgirl hat yesterday and I'm good to go. I plan on getting there as soon as they open on Sunday and staking out my claim to the stage. Will post pix and videos on Monday.

Three days-OMG!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNOw